6.04.2012

reality tv and myself.

once I heard for sure that our episode was going to air... I was a good mix between excited and nervous. excited to see myself on tv, but nervous to see what they were going to portray us as. looks like I had good reason to be nervous after seeing the show Friday night.

I knew they were going to use the theme between Samie and Leah- sorority best friend vs. child hood best friend...
but I didn't know to what extent.
I was pretty peeved that they didn't show any of the stuff Liz, the Bride, said about her wedding and the details. I was fairly positive they would because of how outlandish it's going to be. but no, they didn't focus on the bride or the wedding at all- instead, they focused on Samie and Leah and the fact that we were "oh so mean" to Leah.
which by the way, we weren't. and we NEVER laughed at her.
we laughed at ourselves, the situation, some of the hideous dresses they had the girls try on, etc. but never once at Leah. come on- that's downright mean. they edited us laughing at other things and then made it look like we were laughing at her. pretty sure that was the worst part of the whole show. they took the fact that we were sorority girls and made us look like the stereotypical greek beeeoshes that tv portrays us to be.
Leah had it set in her mind before we even got there that she was going to be the difficult one. her and Samie even talked about how they planned to butt heads. I mean come on... we wanted to be on tv!! and the producers told us we needed a wow factor to have our episode chosen. well we definitely had that wow factor apparently.   

oh and let's not forget my favorite lines that came out of lori's mouth...
"let's see if Leah measures up to all of her skinny sorority sisters" really lori, you were the one adding insult to injury. and we are NOT all a size 2. my big ol booty hasn't fit in a size 2 since the 7th grade, and maybe not even then.
"I have a word for them but im not gonna say it on national television." I'm pretty sure all of national television knew what word you were going to say, so you should've just said it.
oh and you need more makeup lori. you're on tv. you look hideous.

okay that's all for my rant. just remember that when you watch reality tv, you are only watching what the producers want you to see,
not what really happens.
it was a fun experience though in the end. and i finally got my "15 minutes of fame" even if it was filled with nothing but drama. 

let's kick this monday in the toosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment