9.14.2012

letters, typical, but necessary.

Photobucket

dear God-
i can see you are testing me more than you have in a while... in relationships, life, my career, etc. and although i know you are just pushing me towards the will in which you have set forth for my life, i pray for more guidance and understanding. work has been rough, really rough, with the cases that we've had and i just ask that you watch over all of the children and elderly that we deal with on a daily basis. they need it.

dear everyone and their mom-
we've all been affected by cancer in one way or another. it's just a fact of life. a sad, hurtful, destructive fact of life. i encourage you all to hop over to brie's blog for a moment and read about her story, her dad's story, maya's story, and ronan's story. then, go to itunes and download ronan by taylor swift... yes, tay sway herself wrote a song for ronan, the 3 year old angel who died of cancer in may of 2011. you can read the blog that maya, his mother, writes to him on a daily basis while he looks down from heaven, at rockstar ronan. get your tissues ready though... stand up, join together, and make a difference, ya'll.


dear fall weather-
you are incredible. i love my boots, my flannel, my scarves, my pumpkin beer, and my chilly nights with bonfires. please stay longer this year?

dear friday-
please end well. and preferably with a nice big frozen marg waiting for me when i get home. it's been a rough one already, so let's get this over with, shall we?

dear readers-
sorry these letters aren't the happiest they've been. home girl will be back to normal once she gets off of work and a nice tall drink in her.





8 comments:

  1. Ugh I just had some tears in my eyes listening to that song. I am not the biggest fan of Taylor swift but props to her for that heartwarming song :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you send some of that fall weather my way to CA please? it was 91F at 9am, i am soo ready for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl i completely understand where your coming from with the patience thing. Patience is SO tough for me, and I really do try to get better.. Its just my weakness. Being impatient turns into doubt and worry and thats just never good. I am having a lot of troubles at work (well, more of finding a better job) and I just know that God is holding something great for me in my future.. Its just learning to be patient until it gets here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even listen to that song because just the thought of it makes me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've almost made it to the end of the day!!! Just a few more hours until you have the whole weekend ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should probably come hang out with us tonight, because we are having tequila cocktail night. like seriously. we've been researching fun drinks to make haha. CHEERS TO FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing sweet Brie's story. I am definitely downloading T Swift's song. And f#*k cancer!!
    I liked these letters. They were REAL. And we already all know you're hilarious, girl ;)
    As for fall weather, well. I'm waiting on it. I still have a while until we get it over here in cali.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog on Friday's letters, I adore the name first off, and your letters were AH-mazing!

    I am definitely your newest follower!
    xo
    Hallie
    http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete