some bloggers post pictures of their outfits. those ol' ootd posts.
(which by the way, it took me probably 3-4 months to realize what that stood for... i get it now).
don't get me wrong... i love you fashionistas out there in blog land, i really do. i love seeing how well you put stuff together.
because sometimes i'm just not good at that.
i'm also really not good at self portraits.
maybe my new iphone will help with that.
but let's not kid ourselves, it probably won't.
i also don't think you want to see me in my yoga pants, sweatshirt, and no bra that happens every day after 5pm.
because let's be honest here... i don't have time before work to show you what i just dressed myself in,
and i don't feel like you'd care either.
social workers aren't always the best dressed when it comes to those sort of things.
oh, you want me in business attire but i can't forget my tennis shoes in case i'm being chased by a dog out of a home visit? attractive.
and who wants to wear nice clothes when you're going into homes with dirt floors, mangy dogs,
and people that smoke 20 packs of cigs a day?
not i said the little red hen.
and for the record, one time i found myself in a maxi dress and tennis shoes.
that was hott.
where am i going with this post today?
i don't know.
i guess just to let you know that i'm not a fashion blogger and probably never will be.
maybe if i get a hus-bun that wants to buy me a nice camera and photograph me every day... maybe then.
but maybe not.
on the weekends if i'm not too drunk i might be able to show you what i wore. but i will probably be posing with friends, and some wine, and my hand on my hip. this is if you're lucky.
anyways, tomorrow's friday and that's really all that matters.
toodles.





Did i ever mention that i love you??
ReplyDeleteHaha good post! I always wonder who takes all these pictures of the fashion bloggers! Do people just follow them around all day and take their pics?!
ReplyDeleteMaxi dresses & tennis shoes sounds hot! We'd all love to see that :D But I don't blame you for not dressing that cute for work, I don't either.
ReplyDeleteI too suck at self portraits, but my new iPhone isn't helping me so far.
Haha maxi dress with tennis shoes? HELLL yeah, girl, document that shit! And yeah, really, all you need is a husbun and a nice camera and you're good to go. ;) Worked for me! I think? I hope?? Anyway, don't even lie about not having fashion taste, ummm pretty sure I was obsessed with your cutie self in your Homecoming photos, thanks!
ReplyDeletexo
ha i totally will not come out to hang out with friends if my bra is already off for the night no can do it is too much work to put it back on
ReplyDeleteI've tried a time or two to take those awkward Instagram outfit photos of myself. Impossible.
ReplyDeleteThis cracked me up! But I don't know if I believe you, you look like a fashionista to me!!;)
ReplyDeleteThanks SO much for your sweet comments and bday love!! I'm pretty sure you may be my new BFF, you are just so dang Adorbs & Hilarious!! A killer combo in my book. This post is amazing, haha I am totally that crazy girl that loves outfits and self portraits ;) I think with my outfits and your writing we are a good match!! Do you have Pinterest and Twitter so I can stalk you more....why looks like you do, watch out :) xoxo
ReplyDeletewww.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com
Hey! Just found your blog through Courtney's. Gosh, I am not a fashion blogger either...nobody cares what I wear, seriously! Sometimes I'll post cute stuff that I bought, but my outfits? Bah, I can barely put stuff together, haha. Love the honesty of this post!
ReplyDelete