1.02.2013

a sick little girl and NYE.

oh hey there, friends!!
i cannot believe it is already wednesday and i'm just now getting around to showing this blog of mine some love! 

i'm blaming it on the fact that home girl had strep throat all weekend and slept more than i ever thought was possible... truth.
luckily i work for an amazing agency that allowed me to leave work friday and not come back in until today- 
that right there is a blessing in itself! 
my work load today is kind of out of control at this point, however,
it was nice to have had plenty of time to rest, relax, load up on meds, and drink plenty of hot tea.

the one time i did get out this weekend i should have known would turn out to be a disaster. 
the roommate and i drove to asheville for the evening on saturday and since i was all doped up on pain meds and antibiotics, mary agreed to drive her car. 
little did we know that the weather was calling for snow all night...
needless to say we got stuck in her little baby acura about 15 minutes from home 
and had to have our friend brian come rescue us in his 4runner.
lesson learned: always check the weather.
oh well, at least we got a good picture out of the whole ordeal. snow and all.

by monday night i was bound and determined to feel well enough to go out and celebrate New Years! 
i went out, i danced, i ate amazing food, and i was home and passed out by 1am.
thank you strep throat, thank you.
at least i was surrounded by some pretty amazing people, it was a win win in my book.

Happy New Years, friends!!
i hope it finds you well!
xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are back and hope your feeling better! You looked pretty Gorg for being a slicking my dear. Talent, just talent :) xoxo

    www.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you deserve an award for going out on New Years looking that gorgeous with strep! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you were feeling sick..seems like everyone you talk to is sick right now :( I've been sick for a few days and it SUCKS. Love the dress;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear youre feeling better! You look gorg on NYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strep on NYE?! Yikes yikes yikes. You are one brave bear to be going out with that nastiness haha. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting stuck makes for a fun story right? Haha I hope you are feeling better, I hate how awful Strep can make you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ended up sick over the holidays too. It definitely stinks! Hope you're feeling better!!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess that saying is true, you can't keep a good girl down, ha! I love that you had a great NYE anyways, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strep is the worst!! Definitely couldn't tell you were sick from your pics though! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry you are a sick little muffin BUT if it helps you looked absolutely GORG on NYE ;) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw I'm sorry you were sick, but you'd never know from the pictures! I hope you feel all better real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sorry you were feeling sick! strep is the worst!! hope you feel better love & I wish you the best for the upcoming year!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww I'm the same I'm ill every NYE this year was no exception, Happy New Year and Get well soon

    Xx

    http://littleandrandom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete