1.25.2013

friday's letters and iphone photo freedom.

if i could have a relationship with any day of the week it would be friday.
i love the feeling of running walking out of the office at 5o'clock and tasting pure freedom. 
i sound like i'm leaving prison for the first time. but hey, sometimes it feels like it.
side note: i do love my job. don't let this fool you.

dear chicken in our yard:
you are seriously the sweetest chicken i have ever met. roommate and i are still trying to figure out why you left your home down the road and have decided to stay in our yard the past 3 nights. we're also trying to figure out how you haven't frozen to death outside.
anyways, we're thinking about just adopting you. i hope that's okay.
i'm naming you omelet if we do.

dear immune system:
what's the deal yo?
first strep throat and now some sinus crap. you need to check yo self.
and let me feel better, thanks.

dear weather:
i would much rather we get snow instead of ice.
i would also much rather we get spring instead of winter.
get to workin' on this, please?

dear WCU:
in my 4 years as a student you never ever, never ever ever,
cancelled class for bad weather... but you do today? that's just not fair.

andddd because my phone feels like it has so many secrets it needs to set free...
here ya go.
(if you follow me on instagram you've already fallen victim to my obsession with picture taking. sorry i'm not sorry)
1. an adorable niece play date all day sunday.
2. ballerina nieces showing me their skills.


1. saturday night out with the roommate.
2. a snuggly 3rd roommate, cordelia, stealing the blanket.
3. my new FAVORITE book. currently obsessed.
4. FINALLY getting around to cleaning my makeup brushes.
it's been an embarrassingly long time since they've had some love.
5. a random night out with the roommate.
6. a DZ family reunion saturday.

happy weekend, friends!
xoxo.

18 comments:

  1. A chicken in your backyard, haha! What a sight! Just found your blog and I am your newest follower! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never cleaned my makeup brushed. don't hate me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chevron top and want it. This reminds me I really need to clean my make up brushes. I bought my mom that book for Christmas, I guess I will have to read when she is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gimme your chevron shirt! And your chicken friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha I cant believe theres a chicken in your backyard! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supercute top! Love the pics, your nieces are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I love how you'd name the chicken Omlet. Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy Love was soooo God! Forgoten God by him is also amazing! Have you watched the videos that come with Crazy Love online? They are wonderful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, you just reminded me how long it's been since I cleaned my makeup brushes.......
    ......
    .........
    I guess I know what I'm doing on this wild and crazy friday night.
    and, hey, p.s. stop getting sick, okayyyy? thanks love you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha the chicken cracks me up...like an egg.

    See what I did there? Almost as good as you naming it omlete.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Crazy Love and the weekends! Hope yours goes by slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you start to feel better soon! I like your blog very much.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you have a chicken in your yard! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better pretty lady x
    Have a lazy, food-induced weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. eeeek! I just found your blog and its so cute I just about died. And yeah, I'd definitely be adopting that chicken if I were you. Love the name suggestion too, you're kind of hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found your blog from Sami's blog hop! I'm reading Crazy Love now too!! I really like it, I'm also following along with the Study book! I probably should be doing the videos online too, but I'm not! :-/ Any other good books you recommend??

    ReplyDelete