6.18.2013

being a hormonal female can really suck.

i have recently discovered something about myself. okay so maybe this isn't exactly a recent discovery... and that is the fact that i can have about 40923804 different moods in one day month. i know it has something to do with the obvious- being a female. but it's something that really bugs me. i struggle with the fact that i can be so happy, carefree, laid back, and not worried... to down, sad, unmotivated, and overall frustrated with all that i have going on.

i also know that it's all contributed to the way that i think about things. the way that i perceive other's viewpoints on myself, whether i'm confident in myself and what i am currently doing, etc. there is always so much that plays a part in the way that i am feeling. and a lot of times it has to do with the way in which i over think everything in my life. i seriously know that if i stopped analyzing every last detail i would be much better off. but that is so much easier said than done. trust me.

some things that i have found that really help me stay positive are:
-praying. this calms me more than anything. any time i struggle with the way i view myself or if i am going through a difficult time... this is what gets me through.
-my family. because they love me unconditionally. they help me see the best parts about me and constantly remind me that i am loved. plus- they're a pretty amazing bunch.
-best friends. the ones that lift you up, make you laugh, and cause you to forget about everything you're over thinking at the time. which is generally everything.
-staying away from facebook. we all know that the constant engagements, weddings, pregnancy announcements, etc. can really hit home when you're not at the same point in life as all of your friends. so just disconnect yourself from it all for a while. i promise this is a big one.
-music. i can get completely lost in music and forget about everything going on. or i can just dwell in the fact that i'm
-the gym. because running and lifting the hell out of some weights just feels good.
-pinterest. those darn quotes get me every time. and the shopping ideas don't hurt either.
via. via. via. via.

i would love to get more tips on how to focus on staying positive and keeping this mind of mine in check. so send them my way ladies...
i know you all deal with similar things.
we are girls after all.

20 comments:

  1. I was just talking to someone about Silver Linings Playbook. I love that movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like we are on the same page today. such good advice. especially staying away from FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. staying away from facebook DEFINITELY helps!! and I have horrible mood swings.. I cried yesterday at work because my boyfriend's sister is using a song in her ceremony I wanted. Super selfish, I know. Plus I'm not even engaged. But feeling like you're being silly for being overly emotional always gets me so mad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You managed to put what I was trying to say today in such good words. Such good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya girl!! My friends are my lifeline these days!! Having a little you time to focus on you and what makes you happy helps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the top right one you found on pinterest. I've also pinned that, and it really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are def not the only one, ha! I have days where it's worse - like today! The lack of sleep last night doesn't help me either though. Love all the quotes! Sometimes getting away from everything/everyone helps! Quiet time to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya girl! The part about facebook is sooo so true! I'm nowhere near the marriage/kids point, and sometimes get overwhelmed because 'everyone' else is. I stick to quotes, single friends, and music too. I just try to remind myself that doing my own thing is perfectly ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all great things that help. I complelty agree with hearing all that crap is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought some bath and body works stress relieving bubble bath to help me out. It suprisingly really works. Also, praying. Definitely my number one. Sometimes I just say over and over again. "I can't do this alone. I need you. I really need you." He always answers <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can go from cool and collected to crazy psycho in about 2.5, so I'm with ya! All these are great ideas and pretty much my go-tos. A guilt free bowl of ice cream after one of those gym trips doesn't hurt either. Chin up girly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I deleted my Facebook after I got married, and was able to stay off for 9 whole months. Let me tell you, it made my life SO much easier. I wasn't worried about what other people were doing, or saying, or going. I could focus on me. And my husband. I am back on now, mostly just because I find it's an easy way to keep up with people who life far away... but I go on rarely, and probably haven't uploaded any pictures since before my hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I'm the exact same way...and now it's a thousand times worse since I'm pregnant! It amazes me that I can wake up feeling so great and positive and then an hour later I'm very down about something. Love your list. I would add sleep to it. I feel like being well rested helps me not get so stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these tips lady! i also write myself notes...or bible verses...if there's something particular that speaks to that i'm struggling with. gah, being a female is so hard...at least we get to wear the cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like you're inside my head with this post. Comparing lives is definitely the worst and least productive thing to do, especially when you're already feeling down. I try and just do something relaxing to take my mind off things, and to also keep my perspective- things could be so much worse and it's important to be grateful for what I do have :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GG this post really hit home for me because I feel the same way a lot of the time. Talking to friends helps (call your GG up anytime!). And keeping yourself busy will surprisingly calm you down and help you think positive thoughs :) When you feel negative or down, try making a lost of things to do! That's something that helped me the other day. love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing! I love each and every one of those! I had to save them on my comp! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great post! Thanks for sharing. Female hormones and I have a love hate relationship lol.
    Love all the things that make you happy!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete