6.10.2012

a conversation with my mom

I have a great mom... maybe the best one ever actually. her and I have always had an incredibly close relationship. she's been more like a sister and a friend than anything else. she raised my older sister and I by herself until I was 9 years old and I can't even begin to explain how great those days were. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

now, the only thing you really need to know at this point though is that my mom loooooves to think she has a say in my love life (or lack thereof at this point). she's constantly trying to set me up with her dental assistant, the random guy in the grocery store, her friend's lawyer's son's cousin, etc. you get the point.
she actually called me yesterday morning from the farmer's market to tell me about her new friend's grandson that i just HAVE to meet. it's never ending.
if you have ever seen the movie because i said so with mandy moore and diane keaton- well that's my mom to a big fat T!!
i'm honestly surprised she hasn't made me an eharmony or match.com account. which, who knows- maybe she has and i just don't know it yet.
such is life.
this is a conversation we had last night...

Mom: I'm gonna find you some hot, christian, single guys from Ireland... mmmk?
Me: umm, why?
Mom: because you're part Irish and I really love their accents. 
Me: I mean I do too, but where in the world do you expect to find these guys?
Mom: oh, I'm gonna Google them. Ill email you my favorites.
Me: (cracking up) mom you can't just Google people you want your daughter to date. That's how you end up with stalkers.
Mom: no, i think we can find you a good one. didn't you see that movie ps i love you?!?! it could so happen. let's make it happen.

and that's a normal, day to day, thing with us.
hopeless romantic that girl.
but i couldn't love her any more.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! Sounds like something my mom would do. Don't we all wish we had a romance like PS I Love you? Obviously, before Gerard Butler dies. :)

    ReplyDelete