7.05.2012

Celebrating 'Merica!

my 4th celebrations were fun. very fun.
 
tuesday night we ended up going out for a bit. we went to our usual bars and drank our usual beers. but for some reason the usual bars were shutting down early, like midnight early. I understand it was a tuesday... but it was also the day before the 4th, so people were out celebrating not having work the next day and the places were packed!!
sarah, nat, and yours truly.
anyways, this leads me to where we ended up that night... the ol' water'n hole. yes there is no "I" in that name and yes, it's as bad as it sounds. I'm talkin this place is taaa-rashhh-eeeyyy!!! but hey, it was open, as it always is, so we went. I'm pretty sure there were two guys that rode their horses to the bar and tied them up to the posts outside. I mean for no other reason than to make the place live up to its name obviously. sadly enough I didn't get any pictures of the place because I was a little too scared of the middle aged lesbians staring at us the whole time. oh, and one more thing about this place... the first time I ever walked by there, which was about 2 years ago... there was a legit "no coloreds allowed" sign posted on the door. needless to say I never went in and the awful sign was removed. welcome to the south.

the fourth was spent at a friend's pool for a majority of the day.
and yes, my waterproof camera definitely made an appearance. that's probably the best purchase i have ever made.

my holiday was wrapped up with fireworks at lake junaluska, instagram pictures, and lots of good friends.

oh and almost leaving heath behind at our fireworks spot. he had to jump in the back of the 4runner to avoid being left. sorry heath.


how was your 4th spent?
and ps- tomorrow's FRIDAY!!!

j.

2 comments:

  1. That ol water'n hole bar sounds like a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a similar place here. It's waaaayyyy trashy but it's a place to dance. We only ever end up there after we've had a few too many. And by a few, I mean like a whole 12 pack of beer each. That's an exaggeration but you get the point. We always have fun there needless to say!!!

    ReplyDelete