10.29.2012

i'm no annie oakley, but i sure am close.

is anyone else freezing their tushies off right about now?? because this girl is!! 
it's not even november and we're already under a winter weather warning with a possible 8" of snow heading this way tonight! 
ey yi yi. no bueno. 
it would be mucho bueno if my work gave us a snow day, but when you work for the county that doesn't happen... ever.
i guess we can thank frankenstorm for this one. which by the way... if any of you blogging beauties are in the path of this so-called "perfect storm" then my prayers are with you!! my mom's entire side of the family is in Delaware and Pennsylvania so we're on our toes trying to watch the storm and make sure they stay safe!! 
it gives me anxiety just thinking about it!

moving on to my weekend before i have a panic attack (storms freak me out by the way) and i mean seriouslyyyy freak me out.
weekend was good. monday sucks. blah blah blah, you know the drill.
believe it or not i have not dressed up for halloween yet!! i better get on that i know (better get on finding a costume first though i suppose). i'm hoping to attend some halloween parties this coming weekend to make up for my lack of creativity 
and playing dress up this past saturday!

wanna know what the highlight of this 2.5 day work break was though??
learning to shoot guns with a hott boyfriend of an instructor!! he took me up to the shooting range in his hometown where he's gone pretty much all of his life to learn how.


boom shaka laka. so much fun, ladies!! so. much. fun.
i'm now convinced i need myself a pretty pink handgun to carry around with me. 
and i may not be annie oakley just yet... but for this being only the second time in my life i've shot a gun, i'd say i did pretty darn good! especially when this target was 100 yards away!

how was your weekend?
link up with sami or one of the other hosts of the weekend update and blog away!!
xoxo.

11 comments:

  1. Hope your family stays safe in this weather! You should definately get a pink handgun, my dad bought me a hotpink 22 and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look pretty good with Camo and a gun my friend! I go with my hubby all the time, and a pink handgun has been on my Xmas list for years too!! It's the best, so glad you had a good experience. Bundle up at least you don't live in New England like me ,who knows whats going to happen latter tonight??!! Whaaaa

    www.mckennableu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Jason he's taking me to a shooting range next spring..I can't wait to try it out! and it's nice to know I wasn't the only one this weekend who didn't wear a halloween costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so not a fan of cold weather. I despise it to say the least! I so badly miss summer already! I wish we could skip winter & go straight to spring. How nice that would be. It looks like you had a blast at the shooting range & did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed!
    I've never shot a gun before, unless you count paintball.
    :) Camo suits you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so fun! I was just telling my guy that it would be cool to go shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you! Such skill! And I love the camo attire :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so cute in your camo! That sucks about the snow! we are in baltimore so I know what your family is going through I will pray everyone stays safe. This sandy is one nasty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute, i wish my hubby would teech me how to shoot guns, hes to scared that i will be careless and shoot a person or myself lol! im a kluts! I also hate storms, my parents live in florida and im freaking out! I just want to tell you that i truly love your blog and because of that i nominated you for a liebster award check out my latest blogpost for details!

    XoXO

    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun. I've only ever shot a gun indoors, with the exception of one time. Something about your pictures make it look much more fun than my experiences. It could be the sweet hunting jacket :) You look like a natural.

    I'm dressing up a few times for Halloween so I didn't want to buy a costume for a party this past weekend. I just through on some leather leggings, black top, black belt, red lipstick and called myself Sandy. Luckily, the boyfriend let me dress him up as Danny so it looked somewhat legit. I love costumes that you can just throw together. Good luck with your searches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. girlll you look good shooting that gun!! haha love your blog!

    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete