10.15.2012

weekend recappin'.

i'm just gonna go ahead and say that today sucks. it's raining and it's a monday. so yeah... we're going with the idea that today sucks. but hey, you never know, it may surprise us and turn out to be the best day ever. 
or not.
this weekend was great, but so is every weekend when you aren't working.
somehow i ended up getting very little pictures of all my happenings, which is very unlike yours truly the picture freak.

friday night we had a bonfire and a cookout at our house. lots of food, friends, punkin' beers, and laughs. 
saturday matt and i went into downtown to have lunch and ended up in the middle of a huge craft festival going on. we ended up having a lot of fun walking around, browsing, and enjoying the beautiful day.
and i ended up with a picture of the live statue... but nothing else? hmm... good job julia.
saturday night i got to catch up with some girlfriends, which was much needed! i don't know about you all, but i love girl time.

sunday was a bible study in my living room (with myself). i decided i needed some extra sleep and the rainy morning wasn't helping me get out of bed and into church. remember though... you can worship anywhere, anytime, and with anybody.

then i got to meet my mom and brother in the next town over for lunch and ice cream. little brother is growing wayyy too fast for my liking! but it's incredible how much closer we've gotten as we've gotten older.

the rest of my day was spent lounging, cleaning out my closet (yuck), and watching movies. 
i even had a cuddly kitty in my lap most of the night.
and let me just tell you, i used to seriously hate cats until i met Cordelia (my roommate's ball of fur).

how was your weekend?
make sure you link up with sami, at sami's shenanigans if you're recappin' and join in on the blog hop fun!!!

6 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog, love it!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chambray shirt looks cute, where is it from? I have been looking for one but haven't liked any I've stumbled across so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW you and your bro are so cute!!! Yay for sibling time! And that is HILAR that the only picture you have is of a live statue?!??!? Whaaaaat happened there, girl, hmmm?? And amen to worshiping whenever, wherever!

    HAPPY monday, even if you're refusing to believe it is ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live statues scare me. You never know when those homeboys will move and scare the bageebers out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog, andddddd:
    1) I love it!
    2) you're gorgeous!
    3) I'm from NC too!!! I just graduated from App State, so I'm back in Greensboro now, but I'm hopefully moving back to Boone in January :):) What part do you live in??

    ReplyDelete
  6. "remember though... you can worship anywhere, anytime, and with anybody." <-- Very true. I wish some people would keep this in mind. Not only can we worship anywhere, but we should remember that we are Jesus-believers anywhere. Many people, sadly, put on a certain image at church on Sundays and then shake it off as soon as they leave.

    ReplyDelete