11.09.2012

a best friend tribute and a guest post

Hey guys! I'm Jennifer and I blog over at Sweet Life of a Southern Wife.


Julia asked me to do a guest post for her today while she was gone, and I couldn't have been happier to do that for her!

So as most of you know Julia is on a weekend retreat to something called A Walk to Emmaus.  I am so excited for her to go on this journey.  Her life is going to be forever changed by this weekend.  I'm so very proud of her and I ask that each of you keep her in your prayers because this weekend is going to be a fun, exciting, and emotional weekend for her.

Julia and I have been best friends for more than 10 years!  Seems like so long.
We have had some crazy times together and even gave ourselves nicknames... Jessica and Cacee.
Some of you may be wondering, "what the heck do those names mean?" well let me just explain myself...


This here is Jessica Simpson and her bestie Cacee Cobb.


Now do you see where we get our nicknames??
I was am obsessed with Jessica Simpson, and used to have all of the seasons of Newlyweds.  (Don't judge) There are plenty of episodes of Jessica and Cacee that remind me so much of Julia and I.

We tend to have some really blonde moments sometimes.  Well more than sometimes, it actually happens ALOT!!!
Like for example... We thought for the longest time that Marco Polo invented the swimming pool.  And let me just tell you about the conversation about a certain state called, Nevada.

Jennifer: (reading the label of a beer bottle, sideways) What is serrrraaaa Nevada??
Julia: Isn't that a state?
Jennifer: Duh.. ever heard of VEGAS!?!?

Of course this convo happened after a few drinks :-)

So if you ever hang out with us be prepared to laugh, alot.

Julia is much more than a best friend to me though, she is my sister in Christ, my sorority sister, my go to person when I'm feeling down, my shoulder to cry on, and the most sincere person I have ever met.  She is never rude to anybody, never talks about anyone behind their back.  Julia is an all around amazing woman.  We have laughed together, cried together, had a few arguments (not many), and just had a damn good time together.

While trying to decide what to write in this post I thought I would do a little tribute to our friendship throughout the years.  Some of these pictures are pretty embarrassing so you have my permission to laugh.














A huge thank you to Julia for letting me do a guest post for her today.  And like I said before, please keep her in your prayers this weekend.  Happy Friday :-)

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post about your friendship! Fun seeing pics from over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness this is sickeningly cute and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you girls!! Nothing better than a best friend and lots of embarrassing childhood photos! Thinking of you sweet Julia :)

    www.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post and a friendship to treasure!
    You can see you are very special friends (and blonde bombshells too!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, that's so cute! I can tell just by looking at those photos from over the years that you guys have a wonderful, loving friendship. it's always fun to look back and see how we've evolved over the years.

    ReplyDelete