i was thinking this weekend about how much i would LOVE to go back to being 16 again. i feel like i had so much going on and so much to look forward to that my mind was never concerned with any type of worry or stress.
ice cream girl at dairy queen, just getting my license, cheerleading was my life, new car, new boyfriend, and just as skinny as can be.
life was good.
why in the world am i talking about being 16 again?
because my baaaaaby brother is turning 16 today!!
and i feel like an old worn out hag.
i want so badly to go back to the days of him putting sand in my shoes and fake spiders in my bed. i wouldn't even mind getting in trouble every single time for him again.
however, i love how close him and i have gotten. each year it seems we get closer and closer
and i cherish each day i get to spend with him.
i could go on and on about how proud i am of him and how much love i have for someone that unexpectedly showed up when i was 9 years old... but he already knows all of this.
this boy... is going places!!
love you always, baby brother.
ps- i expect some sort of monetary contribution when you're a famous pro golfer. jus' sayin'.
moving on to my weekend.
and linking up with some fabulous girls!!
it was good, reaaaal good.
friday:
1. dinner and drinks with roomie and friends.
2. accidentally matching in every way possible with izzi. sorority sisters, pledge sisters, etc. we're obviously on the same wave length.
3. ending the night with netflix and a cozy winter fire.
saturday:
1. the day was spent at cataloochee ski resort watching little brother snowboard.
2. our entertainment ended up being this awesome lady who chooses to ski in a dress... apparently she does this every year.
she looked like a witch coming down the mountain!
1. this is boy toy. we had a "friends-giving" dinner saturday night over at our friend tiff's house.
2. he likes to make fun of my hand on hip pose. we all know he loves it though. i mean, check out his attitude.
3. tiff has 2 great danes, aka mini horses, that only want to play as if they're 3 lbs and not 200.
4. matt thinks they need to be ridden.
5. too much food. but so dang good. thank GOD i wore leggings that night. no unbuttoning here!!
sunday:
1. sunday morning study and worship at mi casa. you can worship God in anything and everything you do...
by yourself, with a group, or wherever.
2, 3, and 4: the rest of my day was spent with family and having a photo shoot with my amaaaaazing (and adorable) nieces!!
now it's on to a 3 day work week and food, food, food!!!









It looks like you had a great weekend! I love the matching outfits on Friday :) Who wouldn't want to match that? So cute.
ReplyDeleteYour weekend looks like it was JAM PACKED! Which is awesome. I love those type of weekends!
ReplyDeleteFound you on the blog hop! Have a great Monday!
Kay
Kaykonfidential.blogspot.com
what a fantastic weekend!! that friendsgiving plate looks so yummy! and what, you don't ski in a dress? what kinda crazy are you? i do that everyday! hahaha
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! I definitely want to come hang out! Skiing looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute girls!! I bet the love their aunt! Looks like you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Weekend Update...love all your pictures! I also love the blue scarf you wore to dinner! I would have loved to have seen that lady skiing in a dress...it would have made my day! Haha.
ReplyDeletewhat a fun weekend - love all your cute outfits!! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. check out my latest giveaway - last day to enter!
http://thesadlows.blogspot.com/2012/11/desiring-joy-scarf-giveaway.html
Your weekend looks like it's straight out of a vacation. Friends, family and fun are always the best mixture :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your little brother!!
time with nieces is the best!!
ReplyDeleteYour nieces are too cute!! Happy birthday to your brother! I love your boyfriend's hand-on-hip pose, he is a professional! ;)
ReplyDeleteAmen, sister... I WISH I was still 16! Sometimes I think that was my peak. Not really... but then again, I could eat whatever I wanted and still looked like a stick! Your blog is adorable!!!
ReplyDeletelove that pink top!! and happy b-day to your bro!
ReplyDelete