2.07.2013

a problem.

last night i discovered that i have a major problem.
i'm talkin' a major problem here people.
what might you ask is that problem?

i cannot make a decision.
nope. can't do it. impossible.
i'm not talkin' about big life decisions here either.
although you don't want to get me started on those... that's another issue in itself.
and we might be here all day talking about that.
i mean little decisions on a daily basis.
what do i want for lunch? i don't know.
do i want to do a workout class at the gym or just workout on my own? i don't know.
should i use a pink pen or a purple pen? shit, i don't know.
do i want to go to the grocery store tonight? i don't know.
ok i do want to go to the store, but which store? i don't know.
it's awful.

last night upon discovery of this i literally started cracking up at myself.
i. am. ridiculous. people. ri-darn-diculous.
i was leaving the gym after work and trying to decide if i was going to go out and do something later on that night.
this was my thought process...
"i'm gonna go out."
"no i'm not, it's 7:30 and i still have to shower, change, eat, and get gas."
"i'm only 25. i should be young, wild, and free right now- i'm going."
"forget it. it's a work night."
"don't be a baby. just go out and have some fun. you can sleep some other time."
"i'm too tired for this."
"i'll just get some coffee then. i'm going out."
"getting coffee means one more stop and more time wasted. not going."

see what i mean here- it's a problem.
i didn't end up going out and to be honest- i'm glad i didn't.
even after my 7-8 hours of sleep last night i'm tired. old woman problems.

does anyone else suffer from this?
it's what i'd like to call... i'm a girl and i hate decisions.
yep, that's what it is.
but i promise i'm making my way out of the denial stage and i'm going to start working on this.
so if you suddenly see me with an alpaca, 50 cats, 30 dogs, a new car, and possibly pink hair.
it's because i've thrown caution to the wind, said no regrets, and started forgetting about the importance of a decision.
just kidding- that won't happen. or will it?
 xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm the same way! I'm the most indecisive person ever. It gets to be a real problem, especially in cases of "where should we go out to eat tonight?" because I always end up saying "I don't care, please don't make me choose."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girlfriend!!!
    I am the worst at making decisions... Deciding on dinner is a nightmare and going out used to be too! What to wear? Oh good gracious!
    The list goes on and on... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA AT PHIL DUNBY!!!

    i am the same exact way. i often have convo's with myself... out loud TOO. now thats strange.

    the whole going out thing is the worst! and what to eat for dinner. akldfgjlakgf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girlfriend you are not alone! I used to be so indecisive too. It's like you have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. Planning a wedding in 7 months made me SUPER decisive. No time to analyze every option - I just learned to pick something, move on and never look back. I'm still indecisive about little things, like where we are going to eat, and it drives my hubby crazy. It must be a girl thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just described me! I am so indecisive and about the stupidest things too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahahah pretty sure we are twins, and that Phil picture. Probably just made my entire day! love love love this! newest follower:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am incredibly indecisive! I freaking LOVE Phil Dunphy, by far my favorite character on Modern Family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're not alone! Im soooooo indecisive! Sometimes I drive myself nuts because I can never make a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am terrible at making decisions too! Doesn't matter if it's big or little, I can't decide on anything. What has worked for me in trying to overcome this problem is having people force me into a decision. My fiance is really good at it, for example when trying to choose where to eat dinner, he will keep driving in circles until I finally make a decision. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you sound just like me! So know that you are not alone....I think it's almost worse when you are single too! or is it just me? I used to just go out and not care, but now my body wants what it wants, and recently it loves the idea of getting dolled up and going out, but it loves pjs, my dog and the DVR even more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so the same way! My thought process literally does the same things. I go back & forth... back & forth all the time! It is terrible!

    Oh and don't you worry.. I am only 23 & i skip going out to sleep after work all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you made the decision to write this blog!! Love it... except I'm currently battling the "talking to myself" out loud stage. My indecisiveness is out for the world to hear and my co-workers probably hate me because of it. Whatev...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hate making decisions but as a Single gal, guess it's important to take care of myself! Love this post!

    www.elle-pea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha Phil. I want a husband just like him.

    Go out. There made the decision for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha OMG girl, I am the SAME WAY. I am the WORST at deciding stupid little things on a daily basis, like where to eat. Have you seen that pin? It's totally true. Something like "I don't care where we eat, just not the 15 places you've mentioned." You are not alone. Let's all get alpacas.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol I am horrible at making decisions also!!! xo

    My online beauty store: http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh i love modern family! and seriously - i am the same way. seriously - put me in the cereal aisle and i'll be there for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh - I'm the same way...I have to ask everyone's opinion, then I'm not happy with their responses, and I'm back to square one! yuck! I can't even pick eyeshadow (that I already own) without an upset stomach!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahahah... i'm laughing because I HATE to make decisions too. Why is so difficult?!

    Following you too. :)

    ReplyDelete