5.07.2013

r is for ralphie.


somehow ralphie's name has decided to stick around.
the roommate was dead set on changing it to something with a C...
just so it sounded good with her cat's name- cordelia.
you know, like cordelia and cooper, or something equally cute like that.
but the name Gods everyone else we know thought that wasn't a good idea... 
and so ralphie it is.

now before you go and get all "changing a dog's name when they're that old is wrong" on us...
ralphie was a rescue dog that showed up at a vet's office a few months ago.
he got ralphie from the first person that adopted him from said vet's office.
so we don't know what his name was for the first 4.5 years of his life.
yes his cute little self is close to 5. but you wouldn't know it with his energy level.

the best part about little ol' ralphie?
i'm not his mother.
i'm his aunt.
my roommate gets to claim the motherly title with this one.
i just get lots of snuggles and play time.


and i help out when she needs me.
it's a good situation.

16 comments:

  1. Boston babies are the best :-) But watch out for their gas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeek sooo cute! My baby is a boston/beagle mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a little muffin!!!

    annnnnnnnnnd hes a Boston so ya know, I just love me some Bostonness :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo so cute! I think Ralphie is an adorable little name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is the cutest! Love the name Ralphie for a dog. Once I get my american bulldog puppy I want to name him bubba! lol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get the best of both worlds! Dog love without the financial commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! raider was a rescue and was 6 when changed his name! dogs don't care what they're called as long as they get to snuggle and eat! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, I want to know about his past life! If only there was a way he could tell us his real name haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cute! I love that you rescued him! Congrats new Aunt!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love his precious face, those big eyes, and his sweet name. Hehe being the aunt is even better than the mommy title.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh. You need to stop posting pictures of this little butterball.
    I am so in love with him! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgomgomg RALPHIEEEE is sooo cute!! Don't mind me, just squealing over here. Oh! Plus, auntie title is so the best.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous! Bostons are my favorite!! Give him lovies for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so sweet! So glad good people like y'all are taking care of him!

    ReplyDelete