yada yada yada, blah blah blah.
but ya'll. i am taking a weeks vacation to sunny florida in 37 days.
and i'm really stinking excited about it. and i wish more than anything that it would hurry up and get here.
i haven't taken a vacation from work for more than a weekend trip in 3 years. so this is kind of a big deal.
this may also be why i'm already counting down my days.
now... what am i going to do until then? the obvious, of course: shop. plan. and pack.
okay, who are we kidding... i won't be actually packing until maybe a few hours before we leave. but good try julia.
i am the biggest sucker in the world for a good list. especially if said list is in regards to the beach.
it also helps calm my excitement down a little bit.
this is what i have so far...
-bathing suits. my credit card is currently hating victoria's secret right now. but their semi annual sale could not have come at a better time. ps- they're offering an extra 20% off all swimwear online this weekend. boom!
-cover ups. i think i'm good in this department. i have a thing for little sundresses.
the only other thing i may want is one of these men's button ups. because let's be honest- that's pretty cute.
![]() |
| via. |
-sandals. also good in this department. my feet only see close toed shoes for the gym in the summer.
-dresses. see my comment on cover ups. i don't have plans to put on real clothes the whole week.
-sunscreen. because this little baby is scotch-irish and can turn into a lobster in .5 seconds.
-sun hat. now this. this is where i'm having problems. do i go for the extra large sun hat- maybe even with a monogram... or for the fedora look. i just can't decide, which is a problem because i might end up with both.
![]() |
| via ... via. |
and fun things to buy... so send them my way, people!






Ah the hat debate is SO HARD!! i had a fedora for my trip to mexico that i never got to wore, but the other day i wore a monogrammed sunhat and its SO CUTE FLOPPY and i LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteyou def need to stock up on some fun magazines and/or books, and get UNO cards! they are always fun when you play drunk
You can never go wrong with both hats!!
ReplyDeleteI wanna be on the beach so bad right now!! I need to plan a trip. Love the mens PFGs I need to get mine monogrammed already! And go with both hats, a girl has gotto have choices! :)
ReplyDeleteI leave for the beach in two weeks and im already on island time. I feel your pain girl!
ReplyDeleteGG go with a big hat and MONOGRAM IT :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA I love it all! Especially those men's shirts! SO cute :) Take me with you?? I mean who doesn't want a pale red head with them on a florida vacay?? haha
ReplyDeleteHappy friday pretty!
YES please apply sunscreen! I just got back from my beach vacay, and didn't put enough sunscreen on for the longest bike ride of my life in the sun (STUPID KATIE) and got a bit lobster-ish. :( And ohmyword, I have to physically restrain myself from clicking to the VS sale, because Zack would be sooooooo pissed. He's always like "You have plenty of bathing suits!" and I'm like, no. There is no such thing.
ReplyDeletexo
Big floppy sunhat! I love mine! Although I wish it had a monogram band around it!
ReplyDeleteI wore a men's button up for my wedding prep. Those girls in the pic look way cuter than I did though! I wanna be on a beach! Have tons of fun girl!
ReplyDeleteVS bathing suits are the cuuutest! I hope you have a great time and don't melt in the mid-summer Florida humidity! (My inlaws are braving Florida next week as well)
ReplyDeleteI love the big floppy hats! I scored a navy one at Target for only $15, and it's perfect for the beach.
ReplyDeleteI struggle with wishing my days away too! argh, drives me crazy! you are going to have so much fun :) xo
ReplyDeleteare you driving or flying? if driving you could research some off the beaten path places to stop on the way down or back to eat or site see like a real tourist
ReplyDeleteGirl you are all set!!!! Just take your swim suit. Hehe and I'm with you on the sandal thing. My feet get claustrophobic in the summer. Lol happy weekend pretty. Hope your having a great time.
ReplyDeleteGo for the big floppy hat!!! What part of florida are you going to? I'm moving back to Florida (From NYC) in two weeks!! =O
ReplyDeleteI need a men's cover up shirt too! Are those the fishing shirts?
ReplyDeletedon't forget a cute beach bag! :)
ReplyDelete