6.03.2013

i lounge, he boards: weekend recap.

friday after work i had myself a nice little date with my running shoes and lake junaluska.
this is one of my favorite spots in the world, ya'll.
it is so relaxing it should be a crime.
that is until you run into a swarm of geese that want to attack you. that's always nice.
after my run i was really healthy and cancelled out my exercise by going to a local steak house with M for dinner.
om nom nom. it was so worth it.

saturday M and i took a little road trip up to his brother's house in tennessee.
this was my first time meeting his older brother and his family,
so i was a ball of excitement the whole way there.
we spent the entire day on their boat at the hiawassee river...
i became convinced i need to move to tennesee.
the pretty scenery & no state tax thing might have something to do with it.
i did a whole lot of lounging.
while M showed me his mad wake boarding skills.
he gave me such a hard time for not trying it... (chicken, i know)
but his sore muscles yesterday proved that i made the right decision on this one- hehe.

sunday this little girl was down right exhausted. 
we made a pit stop halfway home on our road trip at M's parent's house...
(gotta get that good ol' home cooking while we can)
and since it was doing nothing but monsooning outside, we felt it appropriate to nap pretty much all day.
nap days are my favorite days, for sure.

and mondays are not my favorite days.

Sami's Shenanigans

18 comments:

  1. Um... next time you go on a boat on a lake, invite your bestie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need those sunglasses missy!! they are so cute where are they from?!?

    your weekend looks PERFECT!! Love that you got to meet some of the family too! :)

    no state tax? sign me up.

    happy monday girlfriend!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a perfect little relaxing weekend. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such an awesome weekend. If I was a better swimmer, I'd totally try wake boarding. It looks like so much fun!

    Mmm. Steak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steaks are totally worth cancelling out a work-out! I really want to try wake boarding! Everyone I know who does it says it's a blast!

    Just stopping by from the Weekend Shenanigans Link-up

    -Juliann

    ReplyDelete
  6. No state tax in TN?!!?!?!? Whhhhhat?! I am glad you survived the sworm of bees trying to interrupt your run. Looks like a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forget that they have no sales tax and yet I live 15 minutes away.

    You look beautiful, mam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I always listen to Pandora at work, and right now I have it on "Today's Country" and while scrolling through your blog I got "Beat This Summer" by Brad Paisley in the background and it was like the ultimate song for this post.

    I sound like a super creep but it was just too cute not to share.

    congrats on your run, I'll use you for motivation to get my butt to the gym today:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing you just makes me miss you! i'm so glad you had such a fabulous weekend big!!! You look so luxurious on that boat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better than being on a boat on a beautiful weekend

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooove! I think you chose the best option: lounging wins every time ;) Also, getting attacked by geese is like my nightmare. SO SCARY.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sky is unbelievable!! Lounging on a boat sounds like a glorious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. seriously perfect weekend....apparently all my blog friends are pool/lake/beach friends and all my real life friends are hiking/bar people...how did this happen?! #takemewithyou

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eak! You two are just precious! I love it and all of y'alls fun summer-like pictures. yay for so much happiness in this post sweet friend. You deserve it all. Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I spent my weekend on a boat! Boating is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like the perfect weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have yet to enjoy time on a boat! it seems like so much fun

    Oasap giveaway on my blog! check it out, www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great weekend! One day I want to try wake boarding!

    ReplyDelete