hello slacker status, julia rose here.
apparently i'm not a big fan of blog posts 5 days/week anymore. which i hope is okay with everyone else, because i've been quite happy with it personally. to be honest there hasn't been much that i've wanted to write about...
because there is still a lot that i'm trying to sort through.
i have found myself in quite a turning point these days. i may have mentioned it before but i seriously think that the whole quarter life crisis thing is real. so so real. and i'm not kidding.
i find that it is especially real for those of us who are 25 and at a stand still in life.
those of us who are looking for more. those of us that aren't exactly 100% sure of what that more is. we just know that something has to change or we need to start doing something else in our lives.
that could be so many things for so many different people too.
we look at ourselves, our situations, our careers, our love lives, etc. and we start to really evaluate who we are and what we are doing.
that right there. that's me. that's what i'm doing.
i am starting to really pursue myself these days because of my looking, my digging, and my questioning.
and to be completely honest- it's kind of a beautiful thing. a scary thing, yes, but beautiful at the same time.
you know what else i am really starting to do? something i haven't ever done before. i am giving it to God. all of it. handing him the pen for the story of my life and trusting that He does His will.
not just praying for the things that i want to happen, but praying for the things that HE wants to happen. and praying for the understanding of those things.
i am also truly starting to get to know HIM. studying his word and taking it all in.
i have found a lot of joy in this. joy that i can't really describe. it's incredible how much He loves us and wants us to seek him. He waits our whole lives for us to hand it all over to Him.
i don't have any answers and i don't know what in the world i'm doing right now. which is pretty typical for my whimsical little life. but i'm opening doors, i'm praying, and i'm hoping so very hard that things work out at least in some of the ways that i want them to.
ps- i never did really come out and say it on le'blog but i guess this is as good of a time as any...
i didn't get into graduate school for this year.
something that i was really counting on. something i truly thought was going to take me places.
which is a big reason as to why i'm still so unsure of my life and why i am questioning a lot of things.
i applied for a 1 year program that only accepted 4 students for the upcoming year. silly i know. but i have finally come to accept this fact. i truly believe that in this life things happen for a reason and when one door closes we have to have faith that God is opening others.





I love this!! Love your honesty & giving it all to God! As humans, it's not always easy to do that but SO worth it!!
ReplyDeletei truly believe you just have to be the best person you can be and things will happen the way they should, even sometimes it sucks. you are a strong person and can do anything you set your mind to.
ReplyDeleteA year ago, I interviewed for a graduate program at NC State. When I left the interview, I just knew I had it in the bag. But... they didn't accept me. It really tore me up and screwed up my "life plans". But, now, looking back, I know why I didn't get in. Had I gotten in, I would have been stuck in a city I didn't really like, without a husband and without friends. Trust that things happen for a reason, and something better is coming your way!
ReplyDeletetrying to understand god's plan can be really difficult, but so rewarding once you get it all figured out. thinking of you pretty girl, keep your head up :)
ReplyDeleteI went through a major quarter life crisis, its how I ended up going to live abroad for a year. I had no clue what to do with my life at that point.
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteGod has something bigger for you in mind. Jer 29:11 is one of my favorite verses.
Praying for you, lady!
I'm sorry to hear about grad school, but just know you're not alone in the whole 'no clue where you're headed' type feeling. It's so unsettling, but like you said, kind of exciting at the same time.
ReplyDeleteYour honesty was beautiful Juila! I love how you are giving it all to Him, I decided the same thing just a few months ago and am already feeling lighter. I also applied to a graduate program a bit ago and did not get in, I was told by the priest at my church that God has it all under control and everything happens for a reason! praying for you :) xo
ReplyDeleteI feel you girl! I just knew by 25, I would have my first kid and I'm NOT EVEN dating anyone! It sucks and it's beautiful at the same time!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this. And I love you. God has big plans for you sweet friend :)
ReplyDeleteSorry that you didn't get into grad school! I know that is a terrible feeling! I'm currently waiting on bar results and I'm so terrified of the feelings I know I'll have if I don't get in. I wrote a post pretty similar to this last week. I didn't start the quarter life crisis until about 6 months into 25 so I figure I've got about another 6 months of 26 to go.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever want to talk, let me know!