8.02.2013

friday is my favorite day... PLUS one big, URGENT prayer request.


dear week after vacation: you have not been the easiest, ya know. i guess i really didn't figure you would be though... coming back into reality after an amazing trip just sucks. so it's nice to see the weekend finally.

dear emotions: i just don't even know what to do with you right now. i guess i need answers and direction in this life of mine right now, and as a result... you've gone haywire. thanks.

dear tax free weekend in NC: heyyy babyyyy. let's have some fun- because your girl needs some shopping therapy and some cute new clothes. my wallet may not be happy with this.

dear hurrr of mine: i have loved how long and luscious you have been these days (haha)... but i'm starting to think about cutting you. not short by any means, but maybe to my shoulders? what do ya'll think!?
ps- this was partly inspired by this picture and the fact that it looks like i already cut it...

dear mcdonald's: thanks for my cup o'joe bright and early this morning. i needed it.
what i didn't need though was seeing your future chicky nuggies running around the drive- thru. maybe your slaughter cook took the day off and you needed your patrons to run them over for you? i don't know... but it was somewhat disturbing.
 
dear blog world: i have an urgent prayer request for everyone out there. please please read this.
i come from a small town in NC where everyone knows everyone. when something big happens- everyone knows, which can be both good and bad (if ya know what i mean).
the good comes into play when we need prayers. and big, big prayers at that.

the oblander family is from where i am. they are a family of faith, love, and hope. they are a family that is in need of prayer warriors.
noelle oblander recently gave birth to their first little blessing, finley, on july 25th, 2013. however, finley was born with little to no heartbeat.... and since her birth, she has been in a medically induced coma showing very few signs of brain activity.
despite the doctor's reports of a 1 in a million chance of survival- her parents are holding on. they are waiting for their miracle... and i have faith that they will receive it. however God chooses for it to happen.
this was the post written this morning on their facebook support page:

Tonight was Finley's one week birthday! She's made it this far and our little world changer is hanging on. God has not yet healed our baby girl, but we continue to press on and praise Him for such a blessing as Finley. Never before has my world been changed so drastically and so quickly.
We don't know whether The Lord will take our baby home to be with Him or heal her body, but either way, we will continue to praise Him. Our blessings are beyond number and our God is loving, our God faithful, and our God is able.

The last week has been, beyond doubt, the most painful, difficult week of our lives. And yet, the last week has been, beyond doubt, the most incredible, awesome week of our lives. One week ago, this little girl came charging into our lives and started changing our worlds before we ever even met her.

You might think a baby girl, born in a coma, completely limp and unresponsive couldn't have much impact on the world, but there's something special about her. After a week of watching people see her for the first time, and especially watching those who see her on a continual basis, it has become quite evident that Finley affects people in a supernatural way. It's like she shows them hope, despite her own dismal circumstance. She shows them joy, despite her parents' sorrow. She shows them life, despite her one in a million chance at survival.

Our little Finley is a world changer, and we would not trade the last week for anything.


like i said- this family is incredible. i ask that you pray for this little girl and her parents. finley was born for a reason and our God, our AWESOME God, is one of big miracles.
to read more about finley and her fight for survival- you can visit their facebook page or visit jennifer's blog for more information and ways to donate or help.
#FightingForFinley

13 comments:

  1. OMG that picture of the chickens.. hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the last ever tax-free weekend in NC - with that and the Nordstrom sale I think all our wallets are dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tax free sounds amazing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh my gosh MCdddd's chiccccckkky's!
    that is hilarious!

    I need to cut my hair too, but I have separation anxiety, I've been growing it out forever!

    I hope you have a great weekend pretty lady, and please don't let your emotions go haywire. You are beautiful and an amazing girl, everything will fall in to place when it is supposed too:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the week after vacation the absolute worst?! I just wanna go back to the beach. Boo. Ps. tax-free weekend? I need to get me to NC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first few days (...weeks?) after a vaca are so rough, why can't they just last forever? you have such a fun blog, girl! have a good weekend!

    msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sending prayers for that little one. That story just brought tears to my eyes. I hope they continue to stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chickens are great haha

    I think the hair short looks good in the pic if you can get it to look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh this story. I've sent some good thoughts their way. Sweet Finley. Hope your weekend is amazing pretty girl. I'm ready to chop my hair off too. I thought you had gotten yours cut but the next picture it was long again. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gross....chickens--- I'm keeping up with sweet Finley and love your hair in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl I am writing about the first part of your blog entry as we speak. It has been a brutal week for me coming back to work after the beach. Prayers going out for the family

    ReplyDelete
  12. My emotions have been out of control this past week too. It's terrible. I hope yours and mine go back to normal ASAP.

    I seriously started tearing up reading about Finely :'( I'm definitely praying for him AND his parents. So sad.

    www.shewritesherownstory.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey your hair looks adorable in that picture! i think it would look really nice on you. The roosters/chickens at MCD's is too funny.

    ReplyDelete