i was 13 years old.
laughing and carrying on with friends- with no idea as to what was going on.
my teacher's face was streaming with tears and she was telling us that we needed to get in our seats, sit quietly, and find a friend.
she had something to show us.
on came the tv and there we all sat. in utter shock and despair with what we were watching.
that was the first day that prayer was said in my school. all day. by everyone.
it was also the first day that i, as a 13 year old teeny bopper, realized that this world is so much bigger than macon middle school.
i don't think i ever hugged my family and friends as close as i did that day and night.
![]() |
| image via. |
i will never be able to fathom what the victims and families of those victims endured that day, and every day afterwards.
i just pray that our great nation never has to experience such a thing again.
my deepest sympathy and prayers will forever stay with NYC, DC, The Pentagon, American Airlines Flights 11 and 77, United Airlines Flights 175 and 93.
where were you on 9/11/01?





I was in middle school too and vividly remember everything that happened that day. It's amazing how much I remember about that day, but not about the week before that day.
ReplyDeleteIt was my freshman year of highschool and I was in theater class, I always pause and remember this day.
ReplyDeleteI was a Junior in high school! I remember every single thing we did that day. What class I was in, etc. But, I can't remember what I wore to work 2 days ago!
ReplyDeleteI was in my 7th grade English class - I still remember every detail about the morning, down to the seat I was sitting in. Your words about learning the world is much bigger ring so true to me too. Watching the footage at school, I admittedly had little idea what was going on. For those of us who vividly remember 9/11, I think a lot of innocence was lost that day.
ReplyDeleteI was in 8th grade social studies class. I will never ever forget it!
ReplyDeleteStill gives me chills! :(
ReplyDeleteI was 22 years old, at varsity and had just finished a champagne tasting. We were on our way home when we heard the news break on the radio. We stayed up all night watching the story (we're 7 hours behind NYC). I could not believe the impact it had on friends and family....Ground Zero has a humbling feel about it
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. I was in my 10th grade social studies class when we got the news. I even remember exactly what I was wearing that day. I live in Manhattan now and a 5 minute walk away from Ground Zero and the Freedom Tower.
ReplyDeleteI was in 5th grade. My school thought it was better to not allow us to know what was going on, so I remember coming home to my family all huddled in the living room crying, and overwhelmed. You are so right about realizing how big the world was on that day. Nothing I hope my kids never have to feel at that age.
ReplyDeletegreat post my dear!
I was in 8th grade Social Studies when it happened. I just remember a kid came running in late yelling and screaming his head off. So sad.
ReplyDeleteI still remember this day so clearly. I was in grade 10 drama class. Watching the news story unfold from Canada was so surreal.
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
7th Grade History class! Girl.. I'll never forget!
ReplyDeleteI'll never forget where I was either. It's crazy how a moment can be so ingrained into our memory forever. It breaks my heart to think about how the family members that lost loved ones also will never forget the moment they heard their loved one was gone.
ReplyDelete