10.10.2013

i feel like this should be a PSA.

via,
whoa, nelly.
i knew that taking on this new job was going to mean big changes in my life- both personally and professionally. changes that i was, and still am, very excited about. changes that were much needed, changes that were a long time coming, and changes that i believe will ultimately lead me into doing the work i feel i have been called to do.

these changes have brought a lot of new scheduling though and i have already (yes, even in the first week) had to adjust quite a few things in order to accommodate those changes. such as the gym, socializing, and of course blogging. i was used to a strict 8am-5pm job within DSS and i got accustomed to that. now, however, my days don't really have a time frame. i may leave at 5, 6, 7pm, or even 2am... all depending on my case load and any emergency situation that may arise. but that's fine with me. knowing that i am helping children is what it's all about. if that means waiting at DSS for hours until we find placement for a child... bring it on.

my blog posts are going to be a lot fewer and more far between though. i just know they are. time is the main reason and then of course there is the fact that i hate the blogger app on my phone. but don't think i am abandoning this little blog of mine. you will still know the important details of this little gal's life. and if you just can't stay away from this face... you can always follow the twitter and instagram. that's how i'll be keeping up with most of ya'll anyways...

10 comments:

  1. You are following your dream and helping so many little lives, that's all we need in the blogging world from you!
    Have you read my latest book review - thought of you the whole time?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you love your job and helping others! And so happy that you are happy! We will all be here waiting for you and your updates!

    cant wait to hear how things are going!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a job similar to yours a couple of years ago, but I quit to pursue other things! You should download the app, Blog Go. It makes blogging so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries girlie! Real life comes first, and I'm so excited for your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel girl! I've been neglecting my blog as well due to life in general. Life comes first and definetely do what is important for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you and your new job. I just made that picture my background on my phone. I needed that today. You can do it. We will all be here when you have the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're loving your new job, although a bit of an adjustment. We will all be here when you can write :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am super late since I am currently learning how to accommodate the schedule I am on for work, but CONGRATS on the new job!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the new job!! blogging should definitely take a back seat to accomodating changes...i've been absent for about 4 months after grad school when i thought i would have more time for blogging hahaha life makes other plans

    ReplyDelete