11.05.2012

a rocket ship's shattered dreams.

it's pretty much a new rule of mine that i will never again dress up on or before halloween. nope. not doing it. seriously though, why would i when every store under the sun has costumes and candy 50-75% off the week/weekend after?? helloooo baby genius.
i guess i can also give credit to the fact that this year i had plans the weekend before and i didn't want to be too hungover for work on thursday. #grownupproblems 
when did i become so responsible by the way??

so instead we planned a party at a friend's house for the weekend after. meaning this past saturday.
i had been working on my baller costume for about 2 weeks when i realized that i wasn't 3 anymore and the idea of being the cutest little coppertone baby just wasn't going to work out.
i also couldn't for the life of me convince matt to be the little dog hanging off of my bathing suit bottoms either. 
he just wasn't okay with that for some reason.
i still don't understand why.

so i did what every other person does when their idea is thrown to the ground.
i procastinated.
and i spent all day saturday searching for something to wear.
until i found this.
and i jumped for joy in target because i've always wanted to be a rocket ship. 
okay so maybe i've always wanted to be an astronaut... but this was close enough.
bad thing was i couldn't move my arms... or my head... and i realized this wasn't good for my drinking abilities.
dreams officially shattered.

so i moved on. and i stumbled across a sun drop shirt at wal mart. a freaking sun drop shirt.
and i remembered an idea that ms. ady gave me... to be the sun drop girl.
and so i was.
and i dropped it like it was hott all night long. sun drop in tow.
it was a good time. 

but do you wanna know the craziest thing about my costume?
i had probably 10 people ask me who i was.
fo realsies.
howwww do you not know this???
if you don't... now you do...
and there ya go.

how was your weekend?
go linkup with these 3 babes and recap like it's your job.

13 comments:

  1. You are seriously my long lost sissybelle, Jules! haha I LOVE your costume! "and so I was" haha. Work that tee, girl! *Snap*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao, I LOVE your costume, how the eff did they not know who you were?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that you went as the sun drop girl! I wish i could of seen it myself! That would be my perfect costume considering that i love to dance my ass off when im drunk! Sounds like a fun party!
    Xo
    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME costume!!! I am seriously laughing so hard at that rocket ship costume too, way to rally! You're an awesome sundrop girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your costume search is hilarious :)

    great blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I know I say this like every day, but you're my favorite. And I really think you shoulda bought that rocketship. It would def come in handy some day, you know this to be true.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok can we be best friends? that is one of my favorite costumes of all time. hands down. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSS - love the Sundrop girl! I hope you were dropping it like it was hot all night long! I just want to dress up like that so I can wear a fanny pack! Hello 1990! haha :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are the best commericals!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Julia!!!! The Tropitone girl picture is adorable - what a clever idea!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete