i'm such a sucker for these whole "get to know me" posts.
i don't know why but i love em.
so here ya go...
(they're pretty cool too if you wanna check 'em out)
1. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning.
oh, you mean after i hit the snooze button for a straight hour?
i guess at that point i groan, stretch, curse a little, and then go pee.
pretty routine.
2. First thing you reach for when you open the fridge.
water, water, water.
or olives. or pickles. yummm!
3. First thing you do when you go to the gym.
scope out the hottie totties (haha, just kidding... not really).
hook up to the gym's wi-fi and get to runnin' (or whatever it is you do on an elliptical).
4. First thing you do when you get home from work.
change for the gym.
only because if my butt hits the couch i will NEVER move.
5. First car.
my precious little mitsubishi lancer... that i still miss to this day!
i thought i was such a badass in this car. mainly because the movie the fast and the furious had just come out and i always pictured myself street racing like they did on the movie (okay so not really).
6. First car accident/ traffic violation.
i got a ticket for an expired tag.
that's it... to this day... knock on sooo much wood!!
a princess, duh. i still think this may end up coming true one day.
8. First beverage of choice.
water. a girl's gotta stay hydrated ... ya diggg??
and then of course there comes wine. sadly i cannot turn water into wine, but the store bought stuff does alright.
9. First choice breakfast.
pancakes, veggie omelet, hashbrown casserole.
just kidding. i would weigh 300lbs if that was the case.
i usually stick with grits or a granola bar and water with lemon & honey.
10. First choice dessert.
chocolate. anything chocolate.
11. First song that comes to mind.
i don't know when flo rida got so good, but i'm liking it.
well i sold my lancer and bought a yellow pt cruiser. so technically that was my first major purchase. however, i like to block out the days that i drove a post it note for a vehicle... so i will go with the second car i bought on my own- my jeep grand cherokee.
that later ended up needing open heart surgery (or a new transmission- whatever).
so she is no longer mine. it was a sad day.
13. First job.
perfectin' the ice cream swirl at my local Dairy Queen. that job was legit. free ice cream? endless possibilities? and a 15 year old metabolism? helloooo dream world.
14. First time you flew on a plane.
because of the fact that my family is pro-road trips i did not step foot on a plane until my senior year in college believe it or not... and it has actually been the ONLY time i have done so. i flew from atlanta to dallas for a sorority conference (by myself keep in mind) and although i was scared shitless i loved it!
play along, why dontcha? it's fun.
anddd i was feeling some bloggers block today.
so this is what it came down to.






I think my younger years would have truly been a dream if I worked at DQ. Heck, I would still work there today if it could actually support my living (and shopping) needs!
ReplyDeletethis is awesome. love me some flo rida!
ReplyDeleteI love these kind of posts! It was so great getting to know you more. And I agree... the only kind of dessert worth eating is chocolate in any of its shapes or forms. ;)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Umm that was my first job too! There couldn't have been a better option out there. I actually got sick of ice cream because I ate it so much.
ReplyDeleteI love these fun posts! I just may have to steal this! :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha do you remember when Jacob and Nathaniel raced our cars in the high school parking lot?? Too funny!
ReplyDeleteWe have the same morning routine ;)
ReplyDeleteI used to never hit the snooze button! And then I married G and he's a 5-alarm kind of guy. I need to get in the habit of changing for the gym... but the couch always calls my name ;)
Hey wanna swap buttons?!
"change for the gym. only because if my butt hits the couch i will NEVER move." <----A TO THE MEN.
ReplyDeletexo
You mean I'm not the only one that hits snooze for an hour? Good, I feel much better that I'm not alone!
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute! Love this post
ReplyDeletewww.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com
love that song! love DQ! Saw that Princess thing earlier today and I love it! So funny you found a way to add to your blog post! LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteHey Julia. I just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words about my little Maddox. He had a blood transfusion today and we should know if its helped a little tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Thanks again, girl. It means the world to me. xo
ReplyDeletewww.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
looks like we had similar first jobs :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! I just wanted to let you know that you've quickly become one of my favorite bloggers and I enjoy getting to know you more and more with each blog post :)
ReplyDeleteThe first thing you want when you open the fridge is water? That's a good thing! I can't say that's true for myself though. I love hashbrown casserole for Breakfast--and let's say it's a good thing you haven't had to fly very often. I haven't been on an airplane in two years but before that I flew frequently, and it gets old very fast!
ReplyDeleteI love this post :) So much that I've participated http://backpacksandbellybuttonrings.blogspot.com/2012/11/firsts.html I just found your blog, and can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete