here we go again ladies...
our second round of take it back tuesday!
here's what you do...
-write a post about your past
(share some fond memories of the good ol' days, funny stories, fashion trends, diary secrets, whatever you want)
lately i've been thinking a lot about how certain styles seem to fade out for a fewdecades years and then circle right back around and find their way back into our lives.
our second round of take it back tuesday!
here's what you do...
-write a post about your past
(share some fond memories of the good ol' days, funny stories, fashion trends, diary secrets, whatever you want)
-grab our button
-link-up
-meet new friends!
-oh and make sure you have your bottle glass of wine on hand.
sounds like fun right? all we ask is that you add our button or include a link-back to us.
lately i've been thinking a lot about how certain styles seem to fade out for a few
so today we're going to reminisce on some fashion trends from the 80s/90s
that have somehow or another reincarnated themselves in our closets.
that have somehow or another reincarnated themselves in our closets.
granted,
we've not completely lost our minds and gone to the extremes that we
did back in the day...
but i have a feeling we're headed in that direction.
but i have a feeling we're headed in that direction.
and if that
happens ... let's just hope to God we've all already found our husbands
and they love us dearly enough
not to judge us for our wrong doings in the closet.
not to judge us for our wrong doings in the closet.
culprit #1: bottle cap, plastic, (and sometimes neon) glasses.
because
we all know that contacts are a hell of a lot easier and more
attractive. the wayfarers are already donning a lot of pretty faces so
let's just stick to those and not let these plastic neon bad boys back
into our lives. please and thank you.
culprit #2: bangs and big hair.
you know, the bangs with the wings on the side and the extra hairspray to keep them rolled back on to the top of your head.
and the hair that could trap 50 bugs in it in a mile.
you know, the bangs with the wings on the side and the extra hairspray to keep them rolled back on to the top of your head.
and the hair that could trap 50 bugs in it in a mile.
the bangs, or "fringe", are everywhere... again.
and don't get me wrong, i rocked some for about a year recently and loved 'em.
i also love me some big hair.
but ladies, there is a fine line...
and don't get me wrong, i rocked some for about a year recently and loved 'em.
i also love me some big hair.
but ladies, there is a fine line...
culprit #3: multi colored leggings.
ahhh, leggings. i love em and my guess is so do you.
but if you bishes start wearing neon leggings. i may just scream.
culprit #4: parachute pants.
this i just don't get. and probably never will.
i guess because my butt and thighs are so big i would need something along the lines of a tarp... not a parachute. but whatever.
what are some fashion trends you've noticed coming back around?
i would LOVE to hear what you've caught back in your closet!
xoxo.
all photos courtesy of pinterest.
culprit #4: parachute pants.
this i just don't get. and probably never will.
i guess because my butt and thighs are so big i would need something along the lines of a tarp... not a parachute. but whatever.
what are some fashion trends you've noticed coming back around?
i would LOVE to hear what you've caught back in your closet!
xoxo.
all photos courtesy of pinterest.








Haha would you still love me if I brought back neon leggings? I think I can rock that shit!
ReplyDeleteI love my fair isle leggings! But parachute pants will never work for me...ever. Love this link up :)
ReplyDeleteOh I hope the 80's never come back like that. I just don't know if I could handle it!
ReplyDeleteShannon
bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com
Haha love this. These trends are really really bad. :)
ReplyDeleteThe 80's 90's had some of the best trends/fads and music. The clothes not as much. I remember the big hair. I was just looking at old family pics from the time period and laughing at the big hair and glasses.
ReplyDeleteI had a hard time accepting that skinny jeans were back, it took me FOREVER to get on that bandwagon but now I love them!
ReplyDeleteThe worst one I've seen come back was last summer and it was CROP TOPS! NOOOOOOO!!! Lord help all of us who don't have six pack abs (ugh, sorry tummy!). It just isn't flattering! Also, as not hip as it sounds I cant wear the high-low shirts (although Iv seen people who look great in them) I think the "low" part makes me look shorter than I am!
ReplyDelete