1.07.2013

weekend at home.

i spent my weekend back in my home town visiting family and friends.
ok so, my hometown is only 45 minutes from where i am currently living so i know this isn't really a big deal... but it's still nice to come "home" whenever i feel like it.

friday night jennifer and i really showed our ages.
our japanese take out and movies had us both passing out on her couch.
at least i had her cute fur babies to snuggle up with :)

saturday i went over to my sister's casa for a painting party.
she has 4 little girls. yes 4.
whose rooms are basically the entire upstairs of their house.
since the two older sisters have outgrown the pink stage my sister decided to let them paint and re-decorate their rooms.
so that's what we did... all day.
painted. organized. moved furniture.
and tried to keep 1 year old sophia from making paint angels in the rolling pans.
yes that really did happen.
and check out the stairs leading up to their rooms...
it was somewhat difficult to successfully get a 1 yr old, 3 yr old, 5 yr old, and 8 yr old's handprints. 
but we tried.
we even got some feetsie prints in the mix.

saturday night i ended up back at jennifer's.
that's pretty typical when i come home.
their guest bedroom might as well just be called julia's bedroom because i always end up staying there when i'm in town.

and sunday was spent convincing my papa bear to change my brake pads, writing an essay for my grad school application (you heard me- grad school application), and lounging in my pajamas.

overall good weekend.
like it always is.
now we're back to the grind!!
happy monday, friends!
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Those steps are adorable, I love them!

    I pass out on the weekends after a couple glasses of wine too, no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man will you come over and help me paint haha! We were supposed to do that this weekend but couldn't motivate ourselves. I hate painting! At least you had some cute little helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived 45 minutes away from home I always came "back home" too. It was nice being close enough to do that but still far enough away to be "away and on my own." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Kudos for bein' able to pull of those hand/foot prints! Looks so cute!
    I feel you on the "back home" thing. I went to college an hour away from my hometown, and it was still "going home".
    Found you from the blog hop ... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stairs are adorable! I just about died of cuteness when I saw that picture on Instagram. Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my those stairs are the cutest!!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a cute idea -- love those steps! The litle one is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the stairs, awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tjose stairs are too cute! As is that little girl and the dog! My hometown is also 45 mins away from where I live. Totally agree it's nice to be able to go home :)

    Thanks for linking up with us for Weekend Update!

    ReplyDelete