2.13.2013

let's talk weddings (not mine obvi).

i should probably go ahead and start making business cards for myself.
you know, for the professional wedding guest side of me.
i've got it down to a science, this whole attending weddings thing.
last year between april and august alone i went 9, yes 9, weddings.
ridiculous i know.

but that's what happens when you're 25 and a sorority alumna.
it's the next step in everyone's life... but mine.
sidenote: please don't think i'm complaining here- i love where i'm at in life and wouldn't change it any other way. my time will come.
plus- i'm still having fun, ladies.
with that said...
when my time does come i will know exactly what i want for my wedding, where i want it to be, and every last teeny tiny detail.
because i will have seen it ALL.
my friends will also be able to focus all of their attention on me and my wedding.
not mine and 6 other of our friend's.
sorry that sounds a bit diva-ish, but it's true.

this year so far i already have 5 invitations on my fridge.
it's february.

and my wallet better start preparing itself for all of the new dresses i'm about to buy.
because one simply cannot wear the same dress to 2 weddings in one season.
or at least that's the way my crazy brain works.

i suppose i should also start worrying about this wedding season body of mine as well.
last night at the gym our class instructor was yelling at us about fitting in our wedding dresses this spring.
not me lady pants. not me!!
but it did make me realize i have to look freakin' sexy since i'm gonna be a guest at all of these weddings.
which means i can no longer shove hershey's kisses in my mouth one by one.
i like to let them sit there for a while until they melt and get all ooey gooey.
it's not as many calories that way.
i swear.
at least that's how i justify it.

so yeah. operation wedding sexy has begun.
after this hershey kiss.

12 comments:

  1. 9 weddings?
    5 weddings?
    Gosh! i thought I was busy with 4 in the next 3 months!
    Good luck with the wedding guest bod

    (PS, snooping through your blog today - loving it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 wedding is seriosuly crazy. but you have an awesome point. your wedding will be about you and not the other hundred people have. I got married first out of most of my friends and the next wedding wasn't until 6 months later and then it kinda snowballed from there. but i felt lucky and that my wedding was kinda special since there werent so many others that people were attending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just the opposite... I want my friends to get married so I can go and party! Definitely start operation wedding sexy AFTER Valentines! Those Hershey kisses are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is physically impossible for me to wear the same dress to more than wedding. Those pictures WILL end up on FB and people WILL judge. I don't think it is a bad thing at all, you're just smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel ya, girl... i have already been invited to 6 weddings since i graduated in may, and have 7 more to attend before august (one of them being my own, haha)... people in the south just love to get married!!!

    -Emma
    chasingtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA this made me laugh! Of course your wedding day will be all about YOU... just like you did for all of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danngggg girl, that's a LOT of weddings in one year! And I LOVE your diva comment. Cus it's true. Also, the dress thing is true, too. I mean, there will be PICTURES! No repeats allowed. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the Professional Wedding Goer. That's me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I must have ZERO friends because I didn't even attend a wedding last year, and don't have any wedding invites yet for this year. I also don't have any clients for this wedding season either - so you should "hook me up" with all your girls in the pre-wedding planning process cuz I know someone who makes KILLER invites ;) (they would look SO PRETTY on your fridge too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. operation wedding sexy clearly obviously started!! Clearly you need to teach us your ways on how to stay wedding fit -- and please tell me what to wear! I never know...

    ReplyDelete
  11. clearly... obviously... how many times can I use those words in a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG 9 is SO MANY! Once upon a time, I may have recycled a dress, but now I have a blog. There's no way I can wear the same dress twice. Yes, I will justify shopping any way I can....

    ReplyDelete