3.01.2013

2 blondes & Helene In Between.

alright ladies.
you're in for a real treat today!
while yours truly loses some tonsils this morning and gets doped up on some pain meds,
you get to meet one pretty amazing little lady...
sit back, relax, and meet Helene!
 -------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! My name is Helene and you can find me blogging over at Helene in Between. 
When Julia asked me to guest post I was like YEAH. DUH. Because I heart her big time.
Anyway, Julia's blog title "A Blonde Walked into a Blog" always make some think of a story.
So I thought I would tell you one. 

Living life as a blonde, sometimes we get picked on. You know, for being stupid.
When really we are smart. I promise.
But there was this one time. When I didn't get the joke.

I was in Ireland. How I got there I don't remember.
JK. My parents teach a study abroad program in London and so I got to tag along. We would also travel around a little bit and my mom had a friend in Ireland, so we decided to visit. 
I had just graduated high school and I was lucky enough to get to bring my boyfriend at the time (Michael, who I eventually married). 

We were saw the beautiful scenery and walked all over the town.
Well, as we were gallivanting, my mom's friend, JJ the Irish (that's what I like to call him) told us a joke: "Two Blondes Walk into a Bar, You Think the Second one would have seen it." 
Michael, Myself and JJ
Now before you laugh out loud or stare at the screen- did you get this joke? 
Because I did not. 
And neither did my mom. 

Michael, my Dad and JJ the Irish are all laughing at the joke, but mainly because my mom and I could not get it. 
And they wouldn't explain it to us. 
FOR HOURS.

We were prancing around Ireland and I was just pondering the meaning of this joke.
I couldn't think about anything else. 

I seriously could not get it. 
Finally they told me: One girl literally walks into the bar. (Still didn't get it). No Helene, she walks into the bar, like walking into a brick wall. And then the other one follows.
Ohhhhhh. I get it. 

I guess the moral of the story is to always act like you understand a joke.
Or just laugh at yourself.

Also, I promise I'm not really that stupid. 
I just had a minor lapse in understanding that happened to last an entire day. 


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your tonsils!!! I really need mine out but NO doctor will recommend me to and ENT because they say I'm too old...soooo you're lucky you can even get yours out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck today.

    helene is so cute! thanks for hosting her- i'm going to visit now, because the blonde joke was so silly, i did get it, after thinking for 10 seconds. hah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, LOVE IT. So glad I found your blog today - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 21 and got my tonsils removed Wednesday! Good luck! I've been wallowing in bed since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 21 and got my tonsils removed Wednesday! Good luck! I've been wallowing in bed since.

    ReplyDelete