3.04.2013

well, i survived... kind of.

that's right. i'm alive and well people...
okay so i'm alive.
i'm not exactly well.
you can thank my brother and some bad ass pain meds for those awesome pictures.
sadly, i was in too much pain for the video everyone was hoping to see.
and i really couldn't talk at all.
actually, i still can't talk at all.
so no hilarious black mail for ya'll this go around.


now on a serious note about this whole throat cutting surgery...
this is probably the worst thing that i have EVER been through.
if you've ever had your tonsils taken out then you know exactly what i mean.
the worst sore throat, headaches, earaches, and nausea i ever thought possible.
and this is just the start of day 4.
my mornings are especially bad though. just from waking up and my medicine wearing off before i can pump more into my system.
from being in so much pain that you have to take pain meds every 4 hours to not being able to eat much, so you end up throwing up from the nausea... and sleeping so much you forget what's going on or what day it is...
it's a lose, lose situation here people.

but i will say that i have some of the absolute BEST family, friends, and boyfriend in the world.
they have been there for me in every possible way and i cannot express my gratitude for them enough.
from ice chips to movies, to pureed soup and popsicles.
i need it? they get it. and not because i ask, just because they know.
my coworkers set me up before i left work with this ridiculous basket full of absolutely everything and anything i could possibly need.
they rock.
and my best jennifer sent me the sweetest note, teddy, and balloon the night before.

i also have to mention how great my doctor was.
my surgery was scheduled for 1 hour and i was in and out of the operating room in about 45 minutes.
she did SUCH a good job!
i go back on friday for my post op appointment to make sure everything is healing properly
and i can be released back to work next monday- fingers crossed i pass!

thank you for all of the well wishes, good lucks, and prayers!
it has made the world of a difference and i appreciate it more than ya'll know!
now, this girl is off to la la land again.
popsicle and pillow in hand.
xoxo.

21 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made it, love nugget! Keep on keeping on: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the surgery went well! Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it through - I hope you heal up real soon! How long is the recovery supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds pretty rough, hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everything went well! I can't imagine having ANY type of surgery. I'm such a spaz when it comes to those kinda things lol Hope you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that the surgery went well! Your hair looks fabulous in those pictures!! If I had surgery, mine would look like a disaster in a pony tail on top of my head, ha. Hope you have a relaxing week at home. You have some awesome coworkers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry that it was an awful ordeal! but happy you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, that's the worst, but I'm so glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad your surgery went okay..hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry you're in pain!!!! Keep pushing through, I'm sending prayers your way!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww you are so strong, girl, YOU GOT THIS!!! It sounds like such a scary thing to go through, but look at you! You made it! I'm so proud :) And even in your operating photos, you're still pretty. So there's that, too. LOVE YOU!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barf, this sounds like no fun at all! I'm so glad to hear that everything went great and you're on your way to healing up. Just keep those pain meds flowing girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Glad everything went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds rough! Get to feeling better soon and make sure to take full advantage of everyone waiting on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh that does not look fun! How sweet of your coworkers! Looks like you got some goodies. Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i can't imagine having to go through that!! glad to see you are ALIVE but get WELL soon1

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out in the same surgery when I was younger and all I can remember is feeling absolutely miserable. My mom has this photograph of me and a friend at the park shortly after we'd both gotten our surgeries and our brothers are running around and we are sat still as can be on the bench. Also eating only Popsicles was so tiring for me - by the end I would have done anything for solids!
    Good luck and praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Feel better soon! I am glad everything went well! Newest follower here, can't wait to read more!

    Lauren
    www.lifelovelauren.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are feeling better girl!! Rest up and eat lots of ice cream hopefully that will help! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. girlfriend, I hope you are feeling much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are feeling better!! I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out when I was 7... it was terrible. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete