last night it hit me that mother nature has lost her lid.
it's the end of march. the first day of spring has come and gone.
and what do we have to show for it??
snow. freaking snow.
i may or may not have sat in my living room last night on a beach towel drinking my strawberry beer
and pretending i was getting sun from my lamp...
because i just waaaant summmmmerrrr!!!
in honor of my yearning for warmer weather and helene's travel tuesdays...
you get to see one of my favorite beach destinations to visit.
charleston, sc
i legit almost moved here after college.
but i needed a job. and a good job. and i landed just that right here in western NC.
i'm still at this same job and living in this same town almost 3 years later.
do i still think about living in charleston?
you bet your bottom dollar i do.
but for now it makes for an amazing vacation spot.
and the 5 hour drive really isn't bad at all.
my last vacay to chuck town was last july with mi familia.
we had a BLAST!
especially considering this was our first family vacation without foster children
(yes, my parents are foster parents), and together as a family... in probably 5 years.
it was so nice. i want to go back. right now.
my favorite charleston places??
red's ice house- live music? pitchers? on the water? yes.
wet willies- slushy bar. and my mom's favorite.
tommy condon's- because i love all things irish.
open air market- so much history in this one spot.
and basically anywhere else you end up.

now who wants to plan trip to SC?
anyone, anyone?
it's the end of march. the first day of spring has come and gone.
and what do we have to show for it??
snow. freaking snow.
i may or may not have sat in my living room last night on a beach towel drinking my strawberry beer
and pretending i was getting sun from my lamp...
because i just waaaant summmmmerrrr!!!
in honor of my yearning for warmer weather and helene's travel tuesdays...
you get to see one of my favorite beach destinations to visit.
charleston, sc
i legit almost moved here after college.
but i needed a job. and a good job. and i landed just that right here in western NC.
i'm still at this same job and living in this same town almost 3 years later.
do i still think about living in charleston?
you bet your bottom dollar i do.
but for now it makes for an amazing vacation spot.
and the 5 hour drive really isn't bad at all.
my last vacay to chuck town was last july with mi familia.
we had a BLAST!
especially considering this was our first family vacation without foster children
(yes, my parents are foster parents), and together as a family... in probably 5 years.
it was so nice. i want to go back. right now.
![]() |
| sorry my brother's only 16. give him a few years and then i'll give his number out. |
![]() |
| i'm basically obsessed with downtown and their steeples. |
![]() |
| sullivan's island- one of the 3 beaches to visit with it's historic battle field. |
![]() |
| brother, momma, friends, and papa bear. |
my favorite charleston places??
red's ice house- live music? pitchers? on the water? yes.
wet willies- slushy bar. and my mom's favorite.
tommy condon's- because i love all things irish.
open air market- so much history in this one spot.
and basically anywhere else you end up.

now who wants to plan trip to SC?
anyone, anyone?








Ooooh! I'll go with you! Like, now? Sounds amaaaaazing. And warm. :)
ReplyDeletei will gladly join you! I have never been and clearly need to go. also had no idea your parents were foster parents, that's really cool. i need a beach right meow.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to Charleston in May and CAN NOT WAIT! I am only there for a weekend, but going to make the most of it. You just made me get excited for it all over again!
ReplyDeletei would love to go there! so pretty.
ReplyDeleteCharleston is beautiful! It only a two hour drive from where I live, but I don't get to make the trip nearly as much as I wish I could! I would go every summer if that was an option.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like it was such a fun trip!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your beach towel and strawberry beer. ;-)
Come to Charleston, come to Charleston!!! I'll show ya around all my favorite spots :)
ReplyDeleteI loveeee Charleston! My husband and I used to live in Greenville, SC and loved going there. A good friend of mine from HS actually moved to Charleston and she and her fiance are getting married there in June, so we're definitely going to that wedding! This post has me really excited for our upcoming trip! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLet's go! Soon! :D
ReplyDeleteSO over this weather too. Loving all of your Charleston pictures, best place ever!
ReplyDeleteUm, I do!! The beach shot looks gorgeous. I have always wanted to go to South Carolina.
ReplyDeleteMy Travel Tuesday Post
Jess
looks like a fun place to visit. i so wish i would have moved away.....and i wish everyday that i still could. i mean technically i CAN, but i don't think i COULD.
ReplyDeleteughhhh waiting on spring here too!
Charleston is one of my favorite cities! We vacation there every year! Such a gorgeous city!
ReplyDeleteHave to say, Charleston is absolutely gawwwgeous! That quaint little town is the epitome of charming and so. much. fun! Besides being beautiful, there is so much to do! Love it! Thanks for sharing =)
ReplyDeleteBeing a South Carolina girl, Charleston has a special place in my heart! I absolutely love that little city. After all, it's where I got engaged. :)
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to visit there. Randomly enough South and North Carolina are the places I want to travel. Blame living in the desert!
ReplyDeleteI am so sick of this snow it ain't even funny anymore. :(
ReplyDeleteI've heard lots of great things about Charleston. Definitely a spot I would like to visit.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am totally on board with you about spring/summer!! I mean, why is it still cold??
Andrea
alhadventures.blogspot.com
haha definitely lost her lid.... i'm freezing! not cool mother nature. not cool.
ReplyDeleteJust letting you know that I'm your newest follower from http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/ I'm Laney. Found you thru a blog hop for Thursday.
ReplyDeleteCharleston is my husband's favorite city in the entire world. I'm sad that I've never gotten a chance to visit yet. Soon though! It looks and sounds beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOff topic, I have a younger brother too (he's 15). Looks just like your brother, lol- same build and floppy hair :)
Hey KC has a bridge that looks just like this a bit smaller though.
ReplyDeleteSC has is on my to visit list. :)