4.01.2013

Easter weekend shenanies.

i can't tell you why but for some reason i'm really cranky today.
maybe because it's monday.
maybe because i'm not woken up yet.
maybe because i haven't been sleeping very well.
maybe because i just love long weekends and hate that i am back to a regular work week this time around. yuck.
maybe it's because of all of the above.
whatever the reason- i need coffee, chocolate, and a mood change ASAP.

anywhooo, despite my 5 year old crankiness today i had such a great weekend!!
as to be expected, right?

dinner and drinks thursday night with boyfriend.
shopping all day friday and then a repeat of the night before.

i gave Matt his Easter basket early though on friday since we had a jam packed weekend ahead of us.
i even hid it in the house and made him find it like i used to have to growing up.
we have floor length curtains in the dining room,
so naturally i chose to hide the box of beer basket behind them on the floor.
Matt didn't know what exactly he was hunting for- just that i had a surprise for him to find.
silly boy thought someone was hiding behind the curtains and got freaked out.
i could NOT stop laughing, ya'll. could not.
it was fun.
and thanks katie for this amaaazing idea- he LOVED it.

saturday was a little road trip to boyfriend's hometown.
we even saw scooby doo and his crew on the road.
you really never know what you're gonna see here in western NC.

saturday evening Matt took me to the lake beds in the area
that are actually dried up right now due to the town draining the lake every winter season.
ya'll it was so gorgeous out there!
i may or may not have convinced myself i was in a mini grand canyon.
beer was drank, guns were shot, and 4wheeling was done.
i could not have had a better time!!

sunday we were up and at it to head to my hometown.
church, play time with my nieces, and a ridiculously yummy Easter dinner
just about sums up the day.

oh. i also let Matt and my brother teach me how to drive a stick shift.
all i gotta say is that those boys are brave.
but they were extremely good teachers!!
and we're all alive.
so that's all that counts, right?

22 comments:

  1. That Easter basket is such a good idea! I'll have to remember to do that for my boyfriend next year. :) And your Easter dress is too adorable, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Love it! And I never got the hang of driving a stick - I remember I "killed it" in middle of my hometown in front of everyone...scared to try since! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Easter basket I've seen!! Love it!! And you look so pretty in your cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh, STOP being so cute!! And your little nieces are all just way too much to handle. Like, I'm dying from the cuteness! Also, stick shift. SO freaking hard. I tried to learn a couple times and yeah, I think I'll stick to automatic, thankyouverymuch.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Easter basket! Perfect idea!!

    I'm grumpy today too. Seriously, long weekends that fall on a Monday are better than on a Friday. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Easter basket was perfect! Sounds like you had a fab weekend. Our fam went out and shot guns and rode 4-wheelers too. The only thing we didn't see that you did was Scooby Doo's ride

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you find me a boyfriend to make cute Easter baskets for, please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great weekend! That Easter basket idea is soo cute and perfect.

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are so precious!! And that Easter basket is incredible!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This ---> "beer was drank, guns were shot, and 4wheeling was done." sounds like an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SUCH a fun basket idea- I must remember for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love the Easter basket idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't drive a stick shift to save my life. Hopefully, you are better than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh the perfect weekend! I miss the days of going to some land, shootin our guns and drinking beer! I think Michael needs to take me asap! hehe Some of my favorite memories. You did awesome on the Easter basket!!!! Can I put in an order for next year?! Hope you ate some chocolate and survived the day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun time was had by all! I love the "man basket" idea! How cute! I may have to keep that in my file box for next year ;) Heck, who needs a holiday for something as fun as that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute basket! and the scooby van? HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the beer Easter basket!! so creative!! Glad you had a great Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I love the beer Easter basket!!! Soooo awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Easter basket.. such a cute idea! Looks like a fun little Easter weekend.. I of course was drinking my Abita Strawberry and reminded of your pretty face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. In love with the beer idea!!! So fun!! Super cute pic of the two of you! Love your sunglasses!!!
    Glad you had a wonderful weekend!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your trip to the lake beds looks like so much fun! And I love the easter basket idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome and eventful Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete