3.21.2013

throwback thursday: giant slip n' slides.

just in case you're new or you have forgotten what throwback thursday is all about...
here's the deal:

-follow my co-hosts Ady from When In Doubt Just Add Glitter and Jennifer from Sweet Southern Wife
-write a post about your past
-this can be anything from last week's horrible date, to prom 2004, to an embarrassing journal entry, etc.
-YOU CHOOSE!
-grab our button and link up
**if you are interested in co-hosting please email Ady 

our co-hosts this week are: 
Lo from The Lo Down
Misty from handbags & handguns

 

well guys... the weather is a little drunk today.
for some reason we're getting snow instead of nice, spring-like weather. 
i said it yesterday and i'm saying it again- this 1st day of spring ish is for the birds.
all i can think about is how much i am dyyyying for some sunshine.

and what goes better with a sunny, warm day other than a slip n' slide party?
that's right... nothing. nothing does.
and my all time favorite slip n' slide party was at my 
real life/ blog life best friend jennifer's house about 2 years ago.
kiddie pools, lots of soap, plastic on a hill, brewskis, 
corn hole, grilling out, a bonfire, and some geee-tars.
i want it and i want it now.



don't worry- we're already planning for this year's throw down.
link up and share some old pictures and funny stories!
xoxo.

17 comments:

  1. Awe yay!! I wanna start planning this again ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that looks so fun! i can't wait for y'all to visit!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M GOSH THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I think you just inspired my throwback for next week! This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That was SO fun! I was so tan! :( I need sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite fraternities used to have slip & slide parties periodically, those idiots were smart because they knew all of the girls would come in droves especially at the beginning of spring when it was FINALLY warm enough to throw on a bikini.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! I love the slip and slide! It looks like everyone had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm Misty, one of the co-hosts. We had an adult slip n slide playdate last year. Ok, kids were invited too. So much fun!

    We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow today. Crazy ass weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I remember those! So funny xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE big slip n slide parties! I had one at my house a few years ago in college and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, you so have me lusting for warm weather now!!! We got another few inches of snow last night and those pics of you guys having fun in the sun is really making me hate the weather. Thanks for hosting this hop, I'm following via GFC.
    Have a lovely day!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like so much fun! I can't wait for the weather to warm up! Anything involving sunshine, bikinis and cold drinks is right up my alley ;-) Thanks for hosting the linkup.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! You're giving me major sunshine and warmth fever. It's cold in GA today and I'm not happy. Ugh. Can't a girl just get some sun?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ughhhhh I love HUGE slip and slides they are the best!
    I also love summer. just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanna go on a slip and slide now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, this looks like the most amazing thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete