4.24.2013

27 dresses... well, sort of.

so last night my little brother posted this picture to my facebook wall.
 with a caption that said...
"hey, sis, they made a movie about you!!"


uhhhhh... (crickets)
thanks??
i mean, i guess i do love katherine heigl.

and then i got to thinking... this move really IS somewhat similar to my current life.
okay, so no, i haven't been in 27 weddings... but my guest status number is getting wayyy up there.
and i DO for some unknown reason have to buy a new dress for each wedding i attend. 
so yeah, he did have something to go on.

last year- 9 weddings total.
this year- 5 weddings... so far.
the first of which is THIS weekend.

but that's what happens when you're 25 and a sorority alumna.
you go to weddings, and baby showers, and bridal parties, and yada yada yada.
it's normal.
maybe it's not so normal when you're not married yourself, but hey, that's okay.
i'm pretty darn happy right where i'm at.
no rushing into anything for this girl.

and besides... I met my current, amazing, boyfriend at one of those 9 weddings last year. so to say im a wedding fan is an understatement.

however, if someone wanted to throw me a fake bachelorette party and wedding shower i wouldn't complain. 
have you seen the loot they bring in to those things?
heavens to betsy- it's ridiculous.
totally kidding by the way. kind of.

oh, and ps- it's ady's birthday today!!
go show her some love... and read about her bar dancing, napkin throwing weekend.
happy hump day!

16 comments:

  1. I've been to a lot of weddings in the past few years, too. But I'm too cheap to buy a new dress for each of them haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am married but that's only because i married my highschool boyfriend. other than that agreed. people need to chill on the whole lets get married and have babies asap. live yo life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to buy a new dress for every wedding! I agree with you though (even though I'm married!) there really is NO rush. You'll know when the time is right, trust me. I'm just lucky I married a really good guy who has always been supportive about my dreams, goals and ambitions. I do believe you CAN "live your life" and still be married, but it's always nice to take time to find out who you are first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister's wedding is this weekend so I am sure I will get asked many times when I will be married. Oh wedding season the best time to be single! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel weird wearing the same dress to weddings! But then I hate myself because they're so expensive and I don't wear them again. It is so much better to go to weddings than have your own. (Minus the honeymoon, I need to see a beach soon!)

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! Brothers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide if I am more excited for the wedding or the bridal showers where I rake in all the goods? Is that greedy??

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, i'm the total opposite of you. i barely go to any weddings!! a lot of my family is older so i missed the boat on that, and i only keep in touch with a handful of friends who are married already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, love you, and LOVEE SI.

    So all around I really enjoyed this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is a LOT of weddings! I'm glad you enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate weddings....so I am glad you have that many to go to and NOT ME! I mean I will come to yours of course when it happens AND you invite me but thats it! The only one!!! :)

    Wanna go to vegas? We can throw you a party there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is sooo many weddings! I'll be 26 this year and in reality, majority of our friends are not married so I haven't hit the "I have a wedding to go to every weekend this summer" kinda of year yet. But I also love weddings so I'm looking forward to when all our friends do get married!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel you. This Saturday I have my 3rd wedding in 3 weeks. I had 4 in two consecutive weekends last September. Tis the season and what girl doesn't want an excuse to buy a new dress?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the same boat!! I have a Facebook album named this because at that point it was probably number 15 for me! Yikes!! I feel ya completely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha! Weddings sure are good luck for you it seems like...but geez...that is an obscene amount of weddings to attend. Not to many any other coinciding parties for each one of them too. That's a lot of dolling up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Totally something my brother would say too!

    ReplyDelete