today i have a little confession for you...
i am completely and utterly obsessed with to do lists.
seriously. i kid you not.
i have...
one at work for my tasks for the day.
one at my house for all of the housework to be done.
and one on my phone for all of my errands to run.
this is a weekly daily thing for me as well.
i try to think that they make me feel better about everything that i have to do.
mainly because i can cross off each thing as i do it and i actually feel like i'm accomplishing something.
but in reality i think they just give me more anxiety than anything.
i came to this realization this morning as i was making yet another list.
i about cried while thinking about everything i have to do before my road trip friday.
(yes, road trip. i am excited.)
oil changed, nails done, pick up dry cleaning, find a dress for saturday's wedding
(that's a big deal when you live 30 minutes from the nearest mall), do laundry, clean the house...
oh, and pack.
all while working 8am-5pm every day.
it's a lot.
but i didn't realize it was so much until i started to write it all down.
but if i didn't write it down i'm likely to forget something.
which reminds me, i need to make a list of what to pack...
i know i should stop complaining about to do lists.
being busy and having the ability to do all of these things is really such a blessing.
but it's not until you start complaining that you realize that you honestly have no reason to in the first place.
it just helps to put it all into perspective, really.
i am more blessed than anything that i am able to make a list, run errands on my own, take road trips,
go shopping, and hold a full time job doing something i love.
so today, instead of dreading my list of things to do...
i'm going to cherish it.
and know that there are people out there way less fortunate than myself.
that cannot do the things i can.
and i need to remember that.
besides...
not everyone gets to make home visits on pretty days like yesterday instead of sitting in an office.
which is exactly what i am fixing to do again today.
and there you have my social work side showing it's face on le'blog.





I would KILL to have that view during the day. Don't get me wrong i LOVE my job, but wasting the pretty days inside just about kill me!
ReplyDeleteGirl! I love a to-do list. I have 20 or so too. BTW: I didn't know you were a social worker. That was on my "what I want to be" list. :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a dress for the wedding because I'm missing a dress out of my closet... haha :)
ReplyDeleteI make lists daily as well. I don't think I could function without making a list.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way!! But theres nothing better then checking things off your to-do list :)
ReplyDeletehttp://dashofglamm.blogspot.com/
I hear you! I work 9-5:30pm. By the end of the work day, there just isn't much time left. I go to the gym after, shower, cook dinner. At the end of all that, it's pretty much bedtime. So I understand your frustration. I'm glad you feel so blessed though. :)
ReplyDeleteI love to do lists too. I have an app on my phone called Any.DO that I love. I use it for major items then I use the notepad app for like grocery/Target lists. I have a written list at work. I love checking stuff off!
ReplyDeletethat is gorgeous. and now i need to go make a list.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful view! I wish I was able to look at that on my way to home visits :)
ReplyDeleteGIrl you are one budy girl!! i suck at making list! i always forget them or lose them!! road trips are always fantastic!! that view is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteJust so you know i am giving away a 18k gold monogrammed necklace on the blog!! you should check it out!!
You are an absolute angel, do you know that? Because you really are. My aunt's best friend (basically part of the family) is a social worker, and I know just how crazy that job can be. Just thought I would remind you that you are an angel on earth, girlfriend. <3 Also, I love checking things off of to-do lists, too. It's such a sense of accomplishment. I even add "eat breakfast" to my lists each day haha. Don't judge. ;)
ReplyDeletexo
That view is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way of looking at things. I tend to be the person who makes a list of all the things she has to do, stresses out over it for five minutes, then loses the list. Very counterproductive, haha!
ReplyDeleteI have a ridiculous amount of lists too. Otherwise I will forget things! Grocery lists (who the heck shops without one?), packing lists, errands lists, gift lists, etc!
ReplyDeleteI am a list maker too! Don't know how I would get anything done without them! They're like outlines for life! :)
ReplyDeletebtw, check out my giveaway:
http://kateemari3.blogspot.com/2013/04/giveaway-naked-basics-palette.html
I am giving away a naked basics palette!! Would love if you could join!
xoxo,
katee
What a gorgeous view! I am totally a list-maker too. I write one for the week every Sunday and I always have a "countdown to the end of the semester" list started about a month before it ends!
ReplyDeleteWe are twins missy - I have lists and lists and lists and lists... They are never ending!!
ReplyDeleteBut it definitely keeps me and my life in check! x
SO beautiful. There is nothing like crossing things off a list when they are done, you are definitely not the only one.
ReplyDeletehttp://20somethingbusinesswoman.com