4.16.2013

boston.


it's times like these that i am reminded how truly precious this life is.
how we never know what is going to happen.
and how we should never, ever take anything or anyone for granted.
we hear this sort of thing all of the time, but do we really take it to heart?
it saddens me to think that we don't sometimes.

my heart breaks for boston...
and for those even closer to our homes and hearts that were there yesterday.
i heard this morning that a former co worker was on the sidelines of the marathon with his family.
a family that loves racing, but just weren't participating in this particular one.
until that moment for some reason i didn't think of the fact that it's not just boston that needs prayer.
it's everyone.
it's our best friend's sister's brother in law's cousin.
it's our neighbor. our co worker.
we all knew someone there yesterday one way or the other. 
it's just that small of a world.
and we are just that connected as human beings.

 i pray that we start showing more and more love in this world.
and we start turning to God for answers and comfort.
because he is our Refuge and our strength.
always.


you might be lucky enough for my weekend recap tomorrow.
that's a big might.
xoxo.

9 comments:

  1. So sad and this is all so true,

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches everytime something like this happens. I just don't understand it. #prayersforboston

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post girl...so so much <3 We really do need to turn to God in times like this.

    Still cant believe this is happening here! it makes me wonder what is wrong with the world...but we are a tough city!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your post!

    I can't believe that all this bad is happening in our world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Beautifully written post (as always!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveee your post my dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep last night because of what happened. I sat down at my computer and wrote a letter to Martin Richard's mother. I simply felt like I HAD to. It was surreal.

    I just don't understand things like this when they happen. I just have faith and keep hoping that tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love this. People keep saying this is a sick world but really our world is full of amazing, happy things. There are sick people who took a wrong path and need kindness, smiles, and prayers more than ever. It is a reminder of how precious our life is though friend. And how thankful I am to know such amazing, positive women like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree it does make you rethink how you treat others & such! It makes you realize that life is short & very precious! It makes me to cherish my loved ones even more.

    ReplyDelete