4.19.2013

more prayers and some letters.

i hope everyone takes a minute this morning to think of boston and the lockdown.
and then think of texas.
and then think of our world. think of our country. think of our families and our friends.
there is so much going on right now that it's hard to think straight.
it's hard to live our lives like we always have- excited for the future, hopeful, carefree.
we want to wake up in the morning and continue on with our normal routine... but we can't. 
because our minds are so consumed with what could go wrong today. 
what bad thing is going to happen next.
and that's why we have to turn to the one constant thing in our life. 
the one reminder that everything is going to be okay and that we need not worry about anything...
because it's all out of our control.
and that reminder is God. and His promises. and His unending love for us.

with that said...
dear God.
protect your children. watch over us in these hard and scary times. 
and help us to remember that nothing going on in this world is beyond your control.

dear greys anatomy and nashville.
your shows make me happy and keep my weeknights from being boring.
so stop playing re-runs already.
i need some deacon and jackson in my life, sheesh.

dear sunshine.
showing your face this weekend is highly recommended.
my pale skin got it's first dose of vitamin D last week and is dying for more!
plus, the rain we're having today kinda sucks.

dear body.
i know you weren't a natural born runner.
but let's try and pick up the pace- it's bikini season.
whaddya say?

happy weekend, lovelies!
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. love your sweet heart. great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this.
    I also need some new Grey's. Next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!
    and can we be non-runners together.
    I hate running by myself:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and perfect verse, needed to see that today:) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your letters! and so glad i found your blog! i'm a north carolina girl too :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the reminder. Said a little prayer for everyone. He will guide us through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Favourite verse right there. Praying so much!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stumbled across your blog, love it! I love that verse in John 16:33, super encouraging, thanks for sharing! I am new to the blogging scene, give me a follow at http://foreverconvinced.blogspot.com/ :) excited to follow more of your blogging adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right!! So tired of the reruns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog name! And you posted my absolute favorite verse! I am becoming annoyed with the Nashville reruns too! They can't make a show that good and keep me waiting week after week! New follower.

    lifeinhigheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love some Grey's Anatomy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the running you can do it! Iv been trying to run a bit latley taking my new dog for a run is a good excuse to get my butt into gear and like you I always think of the bikini weather and wanting to look good in my bathers :)
    Saying hi from Fridays Letters hope you had a fantastic weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad the worst of all of that is over. This is a beautiful post, though.

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete