4.10.2013

spring to do list.

a few weeks ago little miss katie came up with her spring to do list.
which inspired me to do the same now that mother nature is cooperating,
and we finallyyyy have some nice weather.

yes i laid out after work yesterday, and yes it was fabulous.

really this should be known as the list of things i want to do,
but will probably never get done.
all with the best of intentions, right?
whatevs.

-get rid of unworn clothing.
seriously. this one really needs to happen. i have so many clothes that never get worn it's a shame.
and i honestly don't have the closet space for all of them- which is an even bigger shame.

-run the lake more instead of the treadmill.
because this view is ten times better anyways.

-plant flowers around the house.
and somehow keep them alive.
last year our house was more of a funeral home for flowers than anything else.
even the ones that only needed watering once a week.
don't judge me.

-get a new driver's license.
this isn't really spring related.
but my license still says that i'm under 21 (i'm now 25) even though it's 2 years from expiring,
and i have chubby cheeks and brown hair in my picture.
i get questioned all of the time.

-be outside as much as possible.
this includes but is not limited to:
grilling out, porch sitting, sunbathing, lake strolls, boat adventures, etc.

-visit my ava grace.
i haven't seen her since thanksgiving and my heart is breaking for it.
i think an outside play date is in order.
 

-just be happy.
because that's really what matters.

what are some of your spring to do's?

29 comments:

  1. Oh man, if I finished all the things I put on my to do list I'd be the biggest baller ever! I need to do some major spring cleaning as well. My closet is pretty neat but holy beauty products, it's straight ridiculous. I'm embarrassed when people come over and have to go into my bathroom. I also need to stop being lazy, hence the amount of chaos. I want to run by our lake too but I swear I'll be covered in yellow pollen after about 5 minutes, and really, eating Lindt truffles is so much more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hey pretty thang. and that view of the lake is gorgeous. I love this list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a lake like that to run around! Need to get started on my own "to do" list... Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. our posts today are so similar!! I am so glad it is finally feeling like Spring--I had so many cute clothes that I was just dying to wear but it just wasn't warm enough until now!! so jealy you layed out yesterday- I was stuck in the office all day..lame!! oh and I love your sunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so pretty! beautiful teeth too :)

    i think that view from the lake is amazing and you should absolutely do that more often. so peaceful!

    i LOVE sitting out on my porch/deck. especially on the weekends, early morning. again, so peaceful.

    i have a lot of clothes in my closet too that i need to get rid of or donate, but i always hang onto them thinking "what if i wear this...." . i have to keep telling myself, if i havent worn it the past 2 years, chances are i won't be wearing it in the next two either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, thanks lady for the love :) I love your post as well. such a good list. and yes, the weather? fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe i have such a pretty friend. miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great list! i'm always less lazy when it's pretty outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous picture of you!! I love all of the things on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss you, pretty friend!!! I hope I get to see you at some point this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous of your nice weather. We have snow here in Toronto. SNOW! It's supposed to be spring!

    Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a new driver's license too. It has my old address and a really old, horrible picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this list! I need to make one too, and cleaning out my closet is definitely on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went through all my clothes about a month ago and got rid of FOUR trash bags full. not kidding. Now I have hardly anything left lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great list! I really need to go through old clothes to I'm running out of room to put the new ones hehe. Wish I had a lake to run by such a pretty picture :)

    xoxo

    Doube.Trouble.Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You laid out? I'm so jealous! So ready for the pool and SUNSHINE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this list. I gonna have to do this. Maybe it will motivate me to stop being a bum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That list isn't too bad, I'm confident you can accomplish it all! I need to get rid of some old clothes too!! I might steal your idea and make a list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great list!!! Good luck girlie!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to get rid of unworn clothes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. New follower here from the link up! Following with GFC and Twitter.

    Krystle
    www.liferevolvesaroundthem.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the idea of a spring "to do" list! And I agree with you about running outside. The views are WAY better!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can i just steal 95% of this list??

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your list sweet friend!! You go girl!! I love love love cleaning out my closet. Always looking for more room for more. :) have a happy Thursdsy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. New follower from the hop! Thanks for hosting:). Alice @ http://theowlskull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't keep a plant alive to save my damn life. Children and dogs are obviously easier to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that first photo along with the lake photo! Good luck on your spring cleaning..

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your list! Fresh air and running outside always makes me feel better;) And the last one on the list, 'just be happy', I'm putting that on my list too. This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great idea! I need to do one of these, too! Stealing and crediting you! Haha.

    ReplyDelete