one of my biggest fears in this world is that of a tornado.
which is just one of the reasons that i have chosen to stay within the safe mountains of
western NC my entire life.
even the thought of one coming through my home scares me to no end.
i remember about 2 years ago when we actually had legit tornado warnings...
i slept in my bathtub with my giant dog on top of me scared to death.
and i was fine. nothing happened.
because my area is not prone to tornadoes... or really bad weather.
but i was still scared.
so to think of the fear, devastation, heart break, and loss that those in
oklahoma are experiencing right now just kills me.
i can't even fathom it.
looking at the pictures from the damage this morning in my office, drinking my coffee,
and knowing that i have a home to go to this afternoon at 5 o'clock just makes it worse.
a lot of those people don't have homes anymore.
and some don't have their loved ones.
my heart is breaking.
to see more of the pictures i'm talking about go here.
i know that this sort of thing is out of our control.
but there are things that we can do to help.
things like praying.
for the victims, the families, and the volunteers.
linking up with other agencies that are offering assistance.
which you can get details on here.
and keep hope that this sort of thing doesn't happen again...






All of this is SO sad! It def. wakes me up to see that nothing is promised to us!
ReplyDeleteThis is all so sad. I've grown up in Tornado Ally my whole life (North Texas) You get used to the test sirens going off eery Wednesday at 3:15pm but you will NEVER get used to the devesation and the trajedy that it brings. What has always shocked me though is how around here no one has storm shelters or basements or even cellers. Apparently they're to expensive. I will never understand that.
ReplyDeleteAll the stories of the teachers saving kids had me in tears.
My biggest physical fear is also a tornado. Bad weather in general scares the daylights out of me. I live in SC, and we get hurricanes, but we are at least lucky enough to get days notices that one is coming so we are able to evacuate. I too posted about Moore on my blog today.
ReplyDeletehttp://lifeinthelowcountrysc.blogspot.com
I can't believe the devastation, it's crazy. so so scary. I can't even imagine.
ReplyDeleteEverything about this makes me want to cry. I wish I could go to Oklahoma right now and help these people.
ReplyDeleteI was doing the same thing today, staring at all the pictures, just crying in my office:(
ReplyDeleteSo so so sad. ugh.
Hey big! I told you i was starting my new blog... I wrote a blog post being in the storm here:
ReplyDeletehttp://southern-inthecity.blogspot.com/2013/05/oklahoma.html
love you!
It's so sad. Crazy world we live in at times.
ReplyDelete