6.24.2013

motorcycles and beer chapstick.

another weekend for the books... and another monday that i want to crawl under a rock.
or just my covers, really. that would be so nice right about now.

friday M and i met some friends in downtown asheville for the alive after 5 celebration they put on once a month.
live music, food vendors, free goodies, and locally brewed goodness? i am so there.
downtown asheville is full of art and character. the quote above is written on the side of a building. just one of the many decorations that don the city. if you ever get the chance to visit here... take it. you will love it.

saturday was our adventure day. i actually got up the nerve to ride a long distance with M on his motorcycle. i had only ever ridden it around town, so i was nervous when he wanted to actually go somewhere for the day on it. everything worked out though and i ended up having a blast! i've learned that it's best to stop worrying about things and just say yes to adventure.  
(i say that now, but don't count on it for everything...)
we spent saturday at dolly wood with M's mom for her company's annual picnic. my phone stayed in a plastic bag the whole time so it wouldn't get soaked on any of the water roller coasters (the only roller coasters i like to ride, especially in 90degree heat)...  which resulted in no more pictures of the rest of our day, sadly.

sunday i fought the clouds and tried to get some sun by a friend's pool. it didn't work out the greatest... but the whole laying around, not doing anything part was worth it.


and now i'm back at my desk. yay.
happy monday!
Sami's Shenanigans

15 comments:

  1. I love that your dress has pockets! I also love roller coasters. Seriously, my favourite ride ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an AWESOME weekend. And I would love to be at home and under my covers right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You did it. Proud of you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at your baby blues in that helmet! Pretty pretty :) Hope your Monday isn't terribly painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beer Chapstick- ah mazing!! Sounds like a great weekend. I agree even if it is a little cloudy, I still enjoy laying out for the relaxing part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have that swimsuit! VS??

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so brave!! i would be way too nervous to ride a motorcycle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I still wouldn't have rode that thing. Glad you had fun though

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl... you and i have the same weekend...well at least the same sunday spirit. i will lay under clouds all day long just trying to get drops of sun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DOLLYWOOD! I am sooooooo jealous I want to go there!

    I feel ya on the motorcycle thing! two of my friends have one and I've only been on it for about 10 miles then I'm like ehhhhhhh...but hey you ROCK a helmet ;-)

    looks like a great weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this post! always say YES to adventure. Best motto I ever did hear. I'm so glad you had a great weekend pretty friend. You deserve every bit of happiness in these photos. and your dress with pockets....I DIE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool photos. I love the pocket dress! Well done on the motorcycle. I am not that brave

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you had such a great weekend gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asheville is such a fun city! They used to do an Alive after 5 party in Charlotte once a week and it was always a blast!

    ReplyDelete