7.19.2013

GUEST POST: Vegas With Ashley.

What happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas

When Julia asked me to come hang out today, I was so excited. While she's off enjoying herself on vacation, I figured the next to best thing to do is pretend that we are on vacation with her ammmmm I right? So I figured we'd go to Viva LAS VEGAS! Enjoy the trip. 

We decided to head to Vegas for my birthday with my sister and her husband and our best friends 2 years ago. I say if in doubt, go to Vegas with a big group. We seriously had a blast. Drinks on the plane, limo ride to our palace hotel, and just an all around good time. 

We like to stay downtown at the Golden Nugget. It is the one with the slide that goes through the middle of the shark tank. They make it seem all spooky when really, it's a clear tube slide with tank surrounding it. Sorry if I busted your bubble. The downtown scene is very different from the Strip.  Older hotels, cheaper tables, and fast drink service! 

The Golden Nugget has like a bazillion restaurants within the hotel. The boys won quite a bit of money the first night so we decided to check out this one for the steaks. They were amazing and the scenery within the restaurant wasn't too shabby. 
Please don't mind my husband. He hates pictures. 

One of my favorite things about downtown is the light show they put on every 30 minutes on the roof of the little strip where all the casinos are. We decided to head up to Gold Diggers and watch the show and of course the fun crowd of Vegas go-ers. It didn't disappoint. 
Lemme see you do the cupid shuffle...eak

And because you can't go to a place called Gold Diggers and not take over the whole dance floor, we did just that. The next few pictures are very representative of my dance moves and I'm not ashamed. I also do the sprinkler, shopping cart, and swimming moves. Don't be jealous. You are welcome to join. 
My sister and I. We don't look anything like right?
 
And yea, I whipped out the frame?!?! Obviously Mandy wasn't a fan. 
To conclude our trip, we figured we would try out every restaurant we could find in the hotel. In the picture of me and Michael, he decided to eat raw squid. When I asked him to describe it for y'all he said "NO COMMENT". That explains it all and ended our vacation with full belly's and pretty full wallets. I can't complain a bit. 


Oh and by the way, I'm Ashley. I love Julia. She's fun. I wish I was on vacation with her. The end. 
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to go to vegas!! i have never been there but it looks like a fabulous place to go!!

    ReplyDelete