as much as i was hoping the rain would let up for at least a little tiny bit of summer fun/ july 4th celebrating... it didn't. not even for a short time this weekend. it was lame.
i did make the most of it though by sleeping (a lot), catching up on new movies thanks to redbox, eating not good for me food, and car researching.
because yes, i am car shopping. which is so overwhelming!
i need something with better gas mileage than my jeep (and a better car payment), so send your opinions my way! i would love to know what everyone prefers in the car department!
i was able to make some time for a coffee date with myself. which is by far one of my favorite things to do.
hello peace and quiet... and cute little book stores.
and even though it's monday morning and all i can think about is my beach trip in 2 weeks...
i saw some blue sky on my way to work and well, that was nice.
let's just pray it stays around for a little while.





Love relaxing weekends! As for your car search-- I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe and I seriously could not say enough good things about it. It's been a beast when it comes to driving tons of miles, and from what I understand the gas mileage has gotten better since I got mine ten years ago :)
ReplyDeleteBoo all the rain. Car searching is so not fun. Too many choices and you never know if its really a good deal or not. You'll have to keep me updated on this. Hope the rain stays away friend. Happy Tuesday eve.
ReplyDelete:( no bueno about the rain. It should be a requirement that it is sunny on the 4th!! I have a nissan sentra & it gets great gas mileage!!
ReplyDeleteYay for a beach trip! I'll send positive thoughts your way that it'll be nice weather!
ReplyDeletejealous about your beach trip... have fun while i'm working my little butt off up here in the rain forest
ReplyDeleteThe rain has been terrible! Our 4th of July party got moved inside..wahh!
ReplyDeleteTimothy is starting at Duvall in Clayton today...you should talk to him about a car! I'm sure he'd appreciate the business! xoxo
ReplyDelete2 weeks whooo!!!! hooo!!! keep your eyes on the prize.
ReplyDeleteshame about the weather ruining your plans, we finally have some sun shine here in the UK for a change so we are making the most of it.
ReplyDeletemy favourite places are coffee shops and book stores too you have great taste haha
beauteisunlocked.blogspot.co.uk
Lx
Boo to the rain!!! I love my Honda CRV!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I just started car shopping, too...and I'm loving Jettas. I am not loving the whole German cars are crazy to fix though. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh yay for car shopping!!! Okay dont freak...ready? I used to have the most heinous car in the world--Pontiac Aztek..look it up.
ReplyDeleteIt was guzzling gas like I guzzle pomegranate martinis. My boyfriend drives a BMW sedan that he's had for 7 years now and it still looks BRAND SPANKING NEW and rides brand new. He told me to look into BMWs because German cars are awesome (though a teensy bit pricy to fix if something goes wrong) and I was like psshh I aint up to Lil Wayne's par. But after looking, I found a used X3, the SUV, only 4 years old and it was NOT expensive at all and the gas mileage is amazing. Seriously I never thought I would be rolling through the hood in that car, but i've had it for 3 years and it's seriously awesome!
GOOD LUCK LOVE!
xoxox
I absolutely love my Honda CRV! I drive a ton of mileage for work and I get between 26-30 mpg!
ReplyDeleteummm I want a new car too! I am love love loving the Toyota Highlander, like loving too much that I might be trading my car in too:):) p.s. don't get a Hyundai Sante Fe. I have one, and I am not too in love with the problems I've had. :)
ReplyDeleteWay to research! and now.. I'm wanting an SUV.. Oh boy. Maybe I need to rethink this.
ReplyDeleteI guess it was a good thing I wasn't in NC during the 4th. Boo to the rain. :(
ReplyDeleteI've had a Nissan rouge for almost 4 years and I love it! Good gas mileage and its a crossover/smaller SUV.
SOO sick of this nasty weather!!
ReplyDelete