7.05.2013

rainy 4th, but a 3 year celebration.

hi, hi, hi, hi, hiiiiii friday. so glad to have you here!
even though i had yesterday off of work it's still nice to know i have another 2 days to do absolutely nothing in this rainy, yucky weather.
and yes, my 4th of july consisted of a whole lotta nothin' thanks to this monsoon we're experiencing right now.
i did somehow find myself at a bbq with M and friends. and we did, for some reason, brave the rain for fireworks.
but for some reason our 4th didn't really seem like a 4th.
maybe the lack of pool sitting and sparkler holding had something to do with it. or maybe it was the fact that i wore pajamas and watched movies a majority of the day... whatever.

in other news- today i am celebrating 3 whole years in my career as a social worker at DSS. that's a big deal, ya'll. i love my job and the people i work with. and even though there are times that my clients drive me crazier than crazy... i love them always.
via.

now who wants to send ryan gosling as my celebratory present?
anyone? anyone? bueller, bueller?

16 comments:

  1. Hahaha LOVE that picture! Congrats bestie. I admire you for your hard work, and totally respect you for what you do on a daily basis. It takes a special person to do what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on 3 years!! that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the three years! It's so refreshing to hear someone say they love their job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you saw fireworks in-spite. And congrats on three years with your career. I'm glad you love it and it's working out. I have a friends who works for CPS and it ruined her marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 3 years! My best friend's mom is a social worker, and has helped me truly gain an appreciation for what y'all do. I think it's definitely a calling rather than just a job - glad you found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on working hard for 3 years! It's a job to be proud of!
    We had a rainy fourth here too, so let's cross our fingers for better luck next year! :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are aweesome for doing what you do:)

    and about the 4th, I totally agree, it did NOT feel like the 4th of July, at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congats on 3 years!!! Sorry your plans were ruined :(
    Mine wasn't much of a 4th either

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Sorry your 4th wasn't the best! Mine neither :( ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for three years! I just know you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 3 years! I know how hard it is to make it that far, it's a big accomplishment! They say if you don't burn out after 2 (or less) years then you're doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss celebrating the 4th so much! We don't do that here in NZ! :( Congrats on the three years though, that is amazing and definitely something to be proud of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good lord, is this NC rain ever gonna quit?! Our 4th was spent TOTALLY indoors and in pajamas all day, and I'll admit I loved every second. Someone in our neighborhood did still decide to set off fireworks all night long, despite the monsoon... so there's that.

    And huge congratulations on three years! That's truly incredible! *virtual high five, times a million.

    ReplyDelete