7.10.2013

sexy cars.

hello, my name is julia and i am an emotional basket case.
yep. that's right. a certified basket. case.

i have needed for a while now to get out of my jeep liberty (15-17mpgs was NOT cutting it, people).
especially when i drive my personal vehicle for home visits for work.i have been car shopping, and researching, and test driving like none other here recently. okay, so maybe the test driving only took place within the last week... but that's enough stress for me to handle.


i can't make decisions though- that's my problem. i get anxiety over what to make for dinner or what to wear to work that day. that's straight up ridiculous if you ask me.
so when it came down to finalizing a decision on a vehicle... the basket case herself showed up.
i cried big alligator tears yesterday because i did not know if i was making the right decision or not.
poor M. he's a good guy for putting up with me through all of this.

but i made a decision. and a pretty big decision. i purchased a hyundai elantra. and i love it.
and i hope and pray that i made the right decision about it.
but so far the 38mpgs i got driving it home last night made me feel pretty good about it.
and it's a sexy little beast. so that's a good thing too.

21 comments:

  1. Hyundai's are great cars! I'm on my 2nd one! I had an '08 Accent and just recently traded it in for '10 Accent (the '08 had 113,000 miles on it...the '10 only has 35,000) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new ride!!! It is sex-ay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya on the gas mileage! I have a huge Expedition- but I can't help it I love big SUVs!
    Love your car though- you look great standing with it (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to have a hyundai and it did really great!!! my husband has one now and its seriously amazing with gas mileage. congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeekkk GG you look hot next t that hot car!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow ow! Hot mamma! :)

    We have to do some car shopping soon. We only have two doors, which won't really work when we become a three-person family. I'll come to you for all my questions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a ton of kids, so I pretty much HAVE to have a gas guzzler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! New cars are always so exciting, it makes you want to just go on a road trip and drive drive drive. Hahaha!

    -Liselda-

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAHOOOOOOO LOVE IT :) congrats lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new baby! Well, at least, I'd refer to my car as my "baby."

    ReplyDelete
  11. YA BABY!!! that is sexy for SURE!

    congrats!!!!! love it!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am a terrrrrrible decision maker as well, it's just absolutely ridiculous i tell ya!
    but, it looks like you made a fabulous choice! congrats on the new gas sipper (aka not a gas guzzler!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay I love your new car! I am so the same with decision-making... I've actually been going back and forth for months trying to decide if I want to trade my car in and just can't decide. It's driving my boyfriend crazy, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!! And I've heard great things about Hyundais (also, I had to scroll back up twice to make sure I spelled that right...facepalm) so I'm sure it's gonna be the bestest sexiest car ever! Way to go, decision-makin' mama!

    Meanwhile I'll be over here driving my 18mpg 4Runner and crying alligator tears onto my gas card every 10 days. Except that she's pretty, so I kinda love her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so cute! I think you made the right decision! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Hyundai! Great choice! Bleh but I always get flustered about decisions too. Even the littlest ones. Almost to the point it amuses my husband but borders on plain out flat annoys him. haha! Decisions make me nervous for some reason!

    ReplyDelete