before i get into my big vacation recap i have to share with ya'll what happened to me last night.
there i was... laying in bed and halfway to snooze-ville when i wake up for some unknown reason and my left arm is completely and totally asleep. but not the normal asleep that we all experience. i'm talking dead, i think my arm has fallen off, asleep.
so naturally i jump out of bed like a lunatic and start running around the house shaking my left arm with my right one trying to bring it back to life.
luckily i have a functional arm this morning and all is back to normal. except i really need to find a new way of sleeping. one that does not involve laying on my arms.
moving on and with two typing hands, praise the Lord.
vacation to st. george island was by far my most favorite up to this point. i have been on a million beach trips (or so it seems) to places such as Panama City, Charleston/ Folly Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc. all of which were incredibly fun... but i never did realize just how much i did on those trips and just how much they exhausted me more than a vacation should.
st. george is located about an hour out of Panama City in the gulf coast of sunny florida. it's known as the uncommon florida because it is not nearly as developed as the rest of the state... and that's what is so amazing about it.
my best friend stephanie's in-laws own a house at the end of the island
on the plantation, which is a gated and private residential community. so not only did we have our own pool and beach access... quiet was the key word there.
on the island itself we had one market place, zero red lights, three locally owned beach stores, zero chain restaurants, and one bar. ya'll... it was so nice. it reminded what a vacation is really about and that is to relax and escape.
M and i went with two other couples and had a freaking ball.
instead of going into a million details on each and every day last week... i'm just going to let all of my pictures do the talking.
it's pretty self explanatory anyways:
beach, pool, sleep, more beach, more pool- pool pong included, fishing boys, lots of food (we ate like kings and cooked most nights), one PCB trip (yuck traffic), a little shopping, one bar trip, and some amazing bayside sunsets.
i'm ready to go back. right nowwwwww. pleaseandthankyou.









Oh my gosh HOW FUN! I'm jealous of this trip, the plantation, the beach, the oysters, the everything!
ReplyDeleteSO FUN :) I am so glad you had a blast! LOVE the floaty beer pong table! && uhh so scary about your arm, glad its back to normal!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I am so super jealous right now! Your trip looked amazing and all sorts of sunshine, pools, friends and tasty treats!!
ReplyDeletex
I had to scroll through this fast because I got chills and then started crying. I miss this place SO much!! I didn't mention on insta that my g-parents live in Carrabelle, so this place really is HOME for me. Staying on the plantation is ALWAYS my favorite, but last time we stayed closer to the state park and it wasn't as quiet :( Laughable really, because there's no way SGI could ever be called noisy!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! So ready to go to the beach!! You always look so stinkin gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteglad you had fun GG :) you're sooooo pretty!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, st geroge looks GORGEOUS!!! i've never heard of it before, but i think i'm going to have to look into it next year when planning a vacation! i love quiet, private beaches. makes vacation 10x more relaxing!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Never heard of St George island and I live in FL! Also that Bud Light Straw-be-Rita looks awesome! That's new to me too ;-) I swear I don't live under a rock.
ReplyDeleteYay for beachy time!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI live in Florida, and I am jealous. I want to take the drive up there and visit now!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had such a great time my dear:) xo
Ahhhh SUCH a fun vacation!!! You're making me want to go back to the beaaaach!! :) And the dead arm thing? Yeah, I do the EXACT same thing. It's pretty much the scariest thing in life when you feel like you have no arm haha ;)
ReplyDeletexo
Gorgeous pics!! Looks like you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteI've had the same "asleep arm" problem before and reacted EXACTLY like you did. The vaca looks absolutely amazing. Jealous
ReplyDeleteUGGHHH this just looks FANTASTIC!!!!!
ReplyDeletei see oysters and strawbeeritas and floating beer pong i just need a vacation
can i come next time!? :)
xoxoxo
Looks like you had a ball! Very Jelly.
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing time!! I wish I was there right now!
ReplyDeletethat would scare the bejeez out of me! Glad you have both arms this morning.
ReplyDeleteBTW: Your pictures make me want to go NOW!
i loooooved your vacation instagrams! and by loved i mean i was 10,000 of jealous! stop being so darn pretty!
ReplyDelete