8.09.2013

5 on friday.


one:
ya'll, M is not a planner. and i don't mean for you to take that lightly either- he truly despises making plans. he just doesn't do it... i am usually the one to plan out what we do (which isn't necessarily a bad thing- i LOVE planning). so when he called me yesterday at 4pm and asked me to skip the gym i was curious, to say the least, as to why. you can imagine the level of shock that hit me when he said that he had made plans for us to wine taste at the biltmore house followed by dinner in asheville. yeah. shocked. surprised. giddy with excitement. i was all of that and more.
it was great... mainly because we needed this night together. just the two of us. and our new wine collection we somehow took home with us...
ps- if you're ever in asheville,nc this is a MUST do. wine taste for an hour (or 2), head over to the wine cellar and buy your favorite (or 3 of your favorites), and head off to whatever spot on the huge biltmore property you want and enjoy yourselves. alone.  
well with your wine of course.

two:
the bachelorette finale on monday night. i used to get so in to all of the bachelor/bachelorette shows, but i just can't these days. the drama, the fakeness of the reality show life, the idea of dating 30 men and choosing one at the end... it all bothers me. i do, however, like to watch the finale. just so i can see who is chosen and all that fun stuff. of course i had my best friend, wine, there to help me through it. and yes, those are snuggly footies you see (being worn in august). what can i say? i like warm feet.

three:
i just feel the need to share with you all that M and i still have 3 more weddings to attend this year. yep, on top of the 5 (i think) that we have already attended in 2013. i'm telling you- i need to make this a career somehow...  last year i went to 9...

four:
jennifer. if ya'll don't know her- you need to. she has been my real life best friend for years now and a fellow blogging blondie. we got to catch up over dinner on wednesday and we had such an amazing time. but then again, we always do.

five:
it's friday. and that's all that really matters today. woop woop.
let's see if my weekend can top my week... because for once, it's been pretty darn amazing.

11 comments:

  1. You are adorable. And I agree with number five, it is Friday and that is reason for celebration! I am now going to meet Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of yall! That was SO sweet of him!! We have been wanting to go to the Biltmore! I haven't been there since I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a *perfect* night last night! That was so sweet him and I love the picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of you two is beautiful! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wine tasting is always a good time! So sweet of him to surprise you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the the plans that he made. Such a great date night!

    Hope you have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Surprises like that are what makes me most happy! And yay for lots of new wine fun! Hope you are having a great weekend pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be going to that many weddings! How fun! One day I will make it to NC! I have always wanted to go to the Biltmore House!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! That date sounds so cute! Where can I find a man who will whisk me away to the Biltmore for a wine night? Also, I totally agree with you about the Bachelor/bachelorette but I LOVED the guy she chose on the finale, he seemed so nice and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh wine!
    The Bachelor is not very big in South Africa. However, the place where I worked was feature on a season a few years ago - so that season I watchde a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love you and your adorableness. I want to do a wine tasting so bad! I need to find some in the area around here! Hope you had a great weekend :) xo

    ReplyDelete