8.26.2013

a charity racin' and lake livin' weekend.

busy weekend. busy monday.
so let's keep this little weekend recap short and sweet shall we?
i have coffee to drink...

friday my friend izzi and i ran in the main street mile marathon for shriner's children hospital in greenville, sc. truth be told- her and i were both hoping either for a freak thunderstorm to cancel the race, or for the other to back out last minute. we don't really do running in public... but we did it anyway and we didn't do half bad!
1 mile in 8 minutes, 50 seconds.
the free pizza, beer, and live music afterwards didn't hurt either.
ps- yes those are fire fighters that ran in full turn-out gear. talk about some heroes.

saturday and sunday M and i headed out to Fontana Lake to spend the rest of our weekend with friends. this might be my favorite lake in the area. it actually covers 5 towns that were once bought out and covered in the process of forming the man-made lake. it is such a remote, quiet, and peaceful area. i think all of my anxieties and stresses instantly went away when we pulled up.
a majority of the homes are house boats only accessible by, well, boats ha... and there is rarely ever a crowd. i love it.
 
Sami's Shenanigans

12 comments:

  1. I wanted some lake time, but hubby had to work this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for your run adn the lake. i think your hair looks so fab and I need your secret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of this weekend! and congrats on the run, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome weekend! Congrats on the run --anything for charity is worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend! Lake time is my favourite thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so neat that towns were bought out to build a lake!! Love me some lake time as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! Those pics of the lake are awesome!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. um how in the heck does your hair look THAT phenomenal while in a swimsuit??? Teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great weekend. I would love to join you at the lake! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the marathon & the day at the lake looks like it was it blast! Nothing like family time! I'll be with mine this weekend and can't wait! Thanks for sharing!

    ► XO • KIMBERLYLUXE ◄

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't run in public but ran an 8 minute mile?! I run a 10-12 minutes mile, in public or in private, ha. I'm SLOW!

    ReplyDelete