5.01.2013

25.


when i was growing up i always thought that by 25 i would be married,
or at least engaged- with a baby either here or on the way...
starting a new life, with a new meaning, and with a new family.
but i'm not.

and my dream of having that one day is still there. it's just a little different now.
it's something i still want. and will always want. but it's not where my life is currently at.
and i am perfectly okay with that.

i have a wonderful career.
an awesome boyfriend.
and i'm happy. 
so take that society and your social norms.

i may not know what my next step is, where my life is headed, or if my life will ever change.
but that's how life goes, right?

we hope and dream for things that may never happen.
we plan our lives out in a way that benefits ourselves and those dreams we long for.
but at the same time we know that our life is beyond our control.
it's God that decides those things.
He has our lives laid out in front of us...
we just have to accept where we're at, put our trust in Him, and keep moving forward.


i hope everyone always remembers those things.
it's in contentment that we find hope and peace.

29 comments:

  1. :) I am glad you are so happy!! Sometimes it is hard for me to trust God's plan, really hard. BUT i have to keep on & remember that things DO happen for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last quote. It is so true!
    I thought a lot of things would be different when I was 25 also. Turns out I didn't meet my now husband until I was 25 and we didn't get married until 2 weeks after I turned 29. I now realize it was all meant to be.
    Happy May :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. I thought the same things- I mean, 25 was so old to me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that quote. This is all SO true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! 25 was my life plan too. I was going to be married and have my first kid. Well, I'm 24 and I'm not even dating anyone. Can't wait to see how our stories pan out! :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how your outlook changes when you reach a certain age. I am only 22, and thought the same as you, by 25 I would have my "dream life" but now I'm like 25, thats in three years?! lol. I still feel 17 and 25 seems alot younger to me now that I'm almost there than it did back when I was making this "life plan" at 15 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never forget my college graduation when my aunt, from Southern Louisiana, goes, "almost five years in college and all you bring back is a piece of paper?!?! Where's the man!" I could of hauled off and cussed her right then and there. Obviously I didn't.

    I'm stealing both of those gifs and you shall have to deal.

    I love that I'm 25 and don't have my life planned. People just need to hush up and worry about themselves. That's a full time job and most can't even do that right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl , in my eyes you have it together. there are so many people out there (older and younger) that have no clue. keep on keepin on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! I thought the same things, then I grew up and knew I wanted to wait. It's about doing what makes YOU happy, not society.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this and needed to be reminded of it, for sure. I actually had a mini breakdown yesterday about where my life is. Because it's not at all where I thought I would be at 25! I still have a looong ways to go to be the 'adult' I want to be, but I know everything happens for a reason, and His timing is definitely, clearly, not mine! So, thanks for this post, it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good reminder! I might have to steal that quote I haven't quite gotten my life together like I initially planned either

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get asked everyday if I'm married or if I have kids! And since I say no, some people then ask me how old I am...annoying!!! It's ok people that I'm married and don't have kids. I'm still normal (this is me screaming in my head everytime someone asks me this!) So I get ya, I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! I think God has a plan much bigger than our own and he knows exactly what you need and when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen to this, girl. God has a beautiful plan for each of us!! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just turned 25 as well and went through this same thought process! I figured that 25 symbolized adulthood and that I'd know exactly what I'm doing with my life. I definitely don't have everything together, I'm not married, but you know what? Life is so good, it's even better than what I could have planned for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh this is totally how I feel. I definitely thought I'd be married and have a little baby by 25. but nope not there yet..but I'm okay with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally had all those dreams too but I am now 34 and making new dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i never ever dreamed that i would be married at 24...and i am. isn't it crazy how the Lord takes our plans and flips them on our heads? it looks like you're having the time of your life, so i think that's confirmation that you're doing everything right as it needs to be done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Preach it, girl. It's all okay-- life works out the way it wants, as much as we can plan otherwise. Keep living it up! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! I NEVER in my life though I would be married at 22. My best friend said to me before I walked down the aisle, "you were the one we thought would get married last! You hated boyfriends, and dreaded commitment, and now look at you, your the first!"

    it's sooo freaking crazy how life works, but it always works out perfectly!

    sorry for the overdose of comments, I was just catching up on your wonderful life!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like you have your shit together even if it wasn't exactly how you planned it! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this and you. Life has amazing plans for you and I'm excited to read along as they unfold pretty friend. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is awesome!!! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post! I am also 25 and don't feel like I have everything together. Some days I feel content and some I don't, but you are so right and thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete